- Dramatically improved tender win rate from 16% to 57% (FY11); and 72.2% (FY12) with $60.8m worth of contracts. ;
- Instrumental in the development of winnable tenders, resulted in securing key national contracts the likes of Silcar Telstra Networks ($22m); SingTel Optus ($10m); NBN Co ($6m); Stockland Green Hills ($6m); BHP Billiton; Jones Lang LaSalle Telstra Panel, RBS Bank; Australian Antarctic Division; and Government departments. ;
- Collaborated with intra-companies to provide integrated bid support. Notable key wins included BAE/Department of Defence; Darwin Hospital Upgrade ($25m); and Sydney Airport Corporation ($9m). ;
- Proficient in tailoring submissions relevant to the intended industry and sector, such as government departments, financial services, telecommunication, facilities management, medical, commercial, education, FMCG, and mining.
- Single-handedly created ``Centre of Excellence'' bid and proposal guidelines and templates to instil consistency for all tender submission. Some of the tools developed include response library, pricing template, competitors SWOT analysis, value-added proposition, approval guideline, marketing materials, resource plan, business plan and forms. ;
- Re-engineered estimating tool and pricing approval process to improve production efficiency and price accuracy. ;
- Supported key stakeholders in the assessment of tender documents, including the go-no go qualification and contract review, to ascertain viability in achieving a profitable or beneficial outcome. ;
- Bid leadership in the management and production of tender response to ensure win themes were expressed to promote company's value-added proposition; in parallel, oversaw and executed price estimate, commercial terms, and feasibility study for executive review, risk analysis, and approval.
- Instrumental in securing new business through strategic and value-added approach. Worked in collaboration with key stakeholders to manage client's expectation from pre-sales through to post-contract. Took initiative to liaise with client's procurement team to facilitate and close-out deals. ;
- Initiated the unification of business units (services, minor works, and construction teams) and intra-companies in the development of bundled services offerings. ;
- Work in collaboration with the client, internal sales team, and key stakeholders in the development of best and final offer (BAFO) submission and post-tender presentation production.
RCR Infrastructure is a subsidiary of RCR Tomlinson - an ASX listed leading multi-disciplined engineering company in the provision of integrated services solutions through Haden (air-conditioning), O'Donnell Griffin (electrical, communication, fire protection), and Resolve FM (facilities management) to the Australian and New Zealand markets. National Bid & Tender Manager Instrumental in securing new business through strategic and value-added approach. Worked in collaboration with General Managers and key stakeholders to lead and manage a team of Sales Co-ordinators and Estimators to deliver professional services, construction, and facilities management bids from inception to post-tender support. Win themes were formulated with the aim to retain/secure new contracts. Took initiative to liaise with client's procurement team to facilitate and close-out deals. Established nationwide ``Centre of Excellence'' bid processes and systems; and coached Estimators to ensure pricings were competitive yet profitable and viable. STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT / ACHIEVEMENTS CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / VALUE-ADDED SUPPORTMore
- Client’s sole site representative to lead, drive and control all commercial, contractual and project management related activities for the 450m high, 101 floor mixed-use tower; Key responsibilities included analysis, resolve and mitigate contractual issues generated by the outgoing project management team; and to work with all stakeholders to bring the project back on track
- 2IC to the Project Director; Led, controlled and directed on all commercial and contractual related activities for the 71.2Ha project - Phase 1 consisted of a 5-stars beach front hotel, world-class conference centre for the GCC summit, manmade canal and royal villas for GCC families; Phase 2 consisted of 200 premium and 153 signature residential villas.
- Worked in collaboration with the Sales Team to develop viable winnable deals with a view for long-term engagement. Acted as an internal-sales ‘hub’ to lead and negotiate commercial terms and pricing with core intra-company functions - products, pricing, legal, finance and operations. Worked with complex, unique and constantly changing product base to formulate strategies and develop feasible deals to retain existing business and/or win new businesses from competitors
- Proactively approach, listen and provide informed product knowledge and knowhow to potential customers in their selection of travel goods products, with an aim to generate successful sale. Successful in meeting sales target on regular basis. Visual merchandiser for the department.
- Managed a team of professionals to support business and corporate needs for the ANZ Program Management Office (PMO). ANZ representative to lead all Lucent Worldwide Services (LWS) bids and proposals (B&P); and the global implementation of the SAP Quote-to-Cash (QTC) corporate system and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance initiative.
- Partnered with the Global Sales Team to lead and program manage all LWS and Supply Chain Networks (SCN) bid and tender submissions. Other responsibilities included provision of value-added services, investment case analysis, cost plan and control, earned-value reporting, procurement management, project controls and financial modelling.
- Invited by the University to guest lecture and deliver visual presentation: “Bids & Proposal and Program Management”
- Owned and performed overall end-to-end B&P from inception through to project implementation on all complex deal opportunities across APAC and ANZ - High profile deals include the US$790m “3” (Vodafone) UMTS Wireless Network Infrastructure; and US$1.2b Telecom New Zealand Transforming Vendor Relationships managed-services.
- Lucent GROWS Leadership Awards - Best performer for Australia & New Zealand, 2001
- Provision of Quantity Surveying (QS) consultancy services such as project estimating, cost plan and analysis, contract administration, progress reporting and claims valuation on highly reputable commercial projects ranged from US$26m to US$68m. Managed and mentored 2 Cadets on various QS duties, and motivated them to meet deadlines.
- Project managed curtain wall façade fabrication and installation, structural works, building maintenance and stoneworks procurement worth over US$30m. Program managed and co-ordinated over 40 on-site personnel, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver milestones on time, within budget and to client’s specification.
- Represented the company to manage all Sydney 2000 Olympic Infrastructure variation claims. Reported to the Managing Director on the preparation of pre-tender estimates, cost plan, forecasting, contract administration and progress reporting on large commercial and government projects.
- Responsible for the overall UPS, power system and PLC assembly and procurement works; comprises of CAD design, order processing, inventory control, logistic management, assembly, installation and testing. In addition, managed 2 Junior Trainees and motivated them to meet deadlines on day-to-day basis.
Education and Qualifications
|2006||Certificate in Asia Pacific Project Scheduling||Other||Lucent Technologies Learning & Performance Centre||No|
|2006||Certificate in Asia Pacific Project Controls Management||Other||Lucent Technologies Learning & Performance Centre||No|
|2006||Certificate in Customer Operations Business Operations Management||Other||Lucent Technologies Learning & Performance Centre||No|
|2005||Master of Business Administration||MBA||Macquarie Graduate School of Management||No|
|2002||Graduate Certificate - Management||Graduate Certificate||Australian Graduate School of Management||No|
|2001||Certificate in Professional Program Management||Other||Stevens Institute of Technology||No|
|1997||Bachelor of Building (Construction Economics), with 1st Class Honours||Honours Degree||University of Technology||No|
|-||Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical and Computer Systems||Undergraduate Degree||University of Technology||No|
Award: Lucent GROWS Leadership Awards - Best performer for Australia & New Zealand, 2001 Award: The AIQS High Achievement and Meritorious Service Award Award: Rider Hunt High Achievement Award - Best student (overall) of the course Award: The Hugh B Gage Award - Best student in year two of the course
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Acrobat Pro (Advanced)
- CAD (Intermediate)
- Primavera (Intermediate)
- Powerpoint (Advanced)
- Office (Advanced)