- Dramatically improved tender win rate from 16% to 57% (FY11); and 72.2% (FY12) with $60.8m worth of contracts. ;
- Instrumental in the development of winnable tenders, resulted in securing key national contracts the likes of Silcar Telstra Networks ($22m); SingTel Optus ($10m); NBN Co ($6m); Stockland Green Hills ($6m); BHP Billiton; Jones Lang LaSalle Telstra Panel, RBS Bank; Australian Antarctic Division; and Government departments. ;
- Collaborated with intra-companies to provide integrated bid support. Notable key wins included BAE/Department of Defence; Darwin Hospital Upgrade ($25m); and Sydney Airport Corporation ($9m). ;
- Proficient in tailoring submissions relevant to the intended industry and sector, such as government departments, financial services, telecommunication, facilities management, medical, commercial, education, FMCG, and mining.
- Single-handedly created ``Centre of Excellence'' bid and proposal guidelines and templates to instil consistency for all tender submission. Some of the tools developed include response library, pricing template, competitors SWOT analysis, value-added proposition, approval guideline, marketing materials, resource plan, business plan and forms. ;
- Re-engineered estimating tool and pricing approval process to improve production efficiency and price accuracy. ;
- Supported key stakeholders in the assessment of tender documents, including the go-no go qualification and contract review, to ascertain viability in achieving a profitable or beneficial outcome. ;
- Bid leadership in the management and production of tender response to ensure win themes were expressed to promote company's value-added proposition; in parallel, oversaw and executed price estimate, commercial terms, and feasibility study for executive review, risk analysis, and approval.
- Instrumental in securing new business through strategic and value-added approach. Worked in collaboration with key stakeholders to manage client's expectation from pre-sales through to post-contract. Took initiative to liaise with client's procurement team to facilitate and close-out deals. ;
- Initiated the unification of business units (services, minor works, and construction teams) and intra-companies in the development of bundled services offerings. ;
- Work in collaboration with the client, internal sales team, and key stakeholders in the development of best and final offer (BAFO) submission and post-tender presentation production.
RCR Infrastructure is a subsidiary of RCR Tomlinson - an ASX listed leading multi-disciplined engineering company in the provision of integrated services solutions through Haden (air-conditioning), O'Donnell Griffin (electrical, communication, fire protection), and Resolve FM (facilities management) to the Australian and New Zealand markets. National Bid & Tender Manager Instrumental in securing new business through strategic and value-added approach. Worked in collaboration with General Managers and key stakeholders to lead and manage a team of Sales Co-ordinators and Estimators to deliver professional services, construction, and facilities management bids from inception to post-tender support. Win themes were formulated with the aim to retain/secure new contracts. Took initiative to liaise with client's procurement team to facilitate and close-out deals. Established nationwide ``Centre of Excellence'' bid processes and systems; and coached Estimators to ensure pricings were competitive yet profitable and viable. STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT / ACHIEVEMENTS CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / VALUE-ADDED SUPPORTMore
- Client’s sole site representative to lead, drive and control all commercial, contractual and project management related activities for the 450m high, 101 floor mixed-use tower; Key responsibilities included analysis, resolve and mitigate contractual issues generated by the outgoing project management team; and to work with all stakeholders to bring the project back on track
- 2IC to the Project Director; Led, controlled and directed on all commercial and contractual related activities for the 71.2Ha project - Phase 1 consisted of a 5-stars beach front hotel, world-class conference centre for the GCC summit, manmade canal and royal villas for GCC families; Phase 2 consisted of 200 premium and 153 signature residential villas.
- Worked in collaboration with the Sales Team to develop viable winnable deals with a view for long-term engagement. Acted as an internal-sales ‘hub’ to lead and negotiate commercial terms and pricing with core intra-company functions - products, pricing, legal, finance and operations. Worked with complex, unique and constantly changing product base to formulate strategies and develop feasible deals to retain existing business and/or win new businesses from competitors
- Managed a team of professionals to support business and corporate needs for the ANZ Program Management Office (PMO). ANZ representative to lead all Lucent Worldwide Services (LWS) bids and proposals (B&P); and the global implementation of the SAP Quote-to-Cash (QTC) corporate system and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance initiative.
- Partnered with the Global Sales Team to lead and program manage all LWS and Supply Chain Networks (SCN) bid and tender submissions. Other responsibilities included provision of value-added services, investment case analysis, cost plan and control, earned-value reporting, procurement management, project controls and financial modelling.
- Invited by the University to guest lecture and deliver visual presentation: “Bids & Proposal and Program Management”
- Owned and performed overall end-to-end B&P from inception through to project implementation on all complex deal opportunities across APAC and ANZ - High profile deals include the US$790m “3” (Vodafone) UMTS Wireless Network Infrastructure; and US$1.2b Telecom New Zealand Transforming Vendor Relationships managed-services.
- Lucent GROWS Leadership Awards - Best performer for Australia & New Zealand, 2001
- Provision of Quantity Surveying (QS) consultancy services such as project estimating, cost plan and analysis, contract administration, progress reporting and claims valuation on highly reputable commercial projects ranged from US$26m to US$68m. Managed and mentored 2 Cadets on various QS duties, and motivated them to meet deadlines.
- Project managed curtain wall façade fabrication and installation, structural works, building maintenance and stoneworks procurement worth over US$30m. Program managed and co-ordinated over 40 on-site personnel, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver milestones on time, within budget and to client’s specification.
- Represented the company to manage all Sydney 2000 Olympic Infrastructure variation claims. Reported to the Managing Director on the preparation of pre-tender estimates, cost plan, forecasting, contract administration and progress reporting on large commercial and government projects.
- Responsible for the overall UPS, power system and PLC assembly and procurement works; comprises of CAD design, order processing, inventory control, logistic management, assembly, installation and testing. In addition, managed 2 Junior Trainees and motivated them to meet deadlines on day-to-day basis.
Education and Qualifications
|2006||Certificate in Asia Pacific Project Scheduling||Other||Lucent Technologies Learning & Performance Centre||No|
|2006||Certificate in Asia Pacific Project Controls Management||Other||Lucent Technologies Learning & Performance Centre||No|
|2006||Certificate in Customer Operations Business Operations Management||Other||Lucent Technologies Learning & Performance Centre||No|
|2005||Master of Business Administration||MBA||Macquarie Graduate School of Management||No|
|2002||Graduate Certificate - Management||Graduate Certificate||Australian Graduate School of Management||No|
|2001||Certificate in Professional Program Management||Other||Stevens Institute of Technology||No|
|1997||Bachelor of Building (Construction Economics), with 1st Class Honours||Honours Degree||University of Technology||No|
|-||Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical and Computer Systems||Undergraduate Degree||University of Technology||No|
Achievements and Awards
Award: Lucent GROWS Leadership Awards - Best performer for Australia & New Zealand, 2001 Award: The AIQS High Achievement and Meritorious Service Award Award: Rider Hunt High Achievement Award - Best student (overall) of the course Award: The Hugh B Gage Award - Best student in year two of the course
- CAD (Intermediate)
- Primavera (Intermediate)
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Powerpoint (Advanced)
- Acrobat Pro (Advanced)
- Office (Advanced)