An Honours student in Law and Commerce (Economics & Investment Finance majors) passionate about complex legal and commercial issues
- In this role, I am preparing study notes in the fields of economics, finance and law for students with disabilities. I also taught a returning student entering a master’s course how to utilise various university resources including online academic journals and referencing software such as EndNote. Additionally, I was involved in one-on-one study sessions with a law student in the areas of Administrative Law and Equity.
- While clerking in the Corporate Advisory, Finance and Tax practice group, my responsibilities included: researching Corporations Act provisions and the availability of relief from ASIC, researching R&D tax incentives and the tax implications of different business structures, drafting fact sheets and memorandums, preparing an ASIC and PPSR search file, and reviewing private M&A deal trends.
- In this position, I am involved in the process of preparation of various study resources for students with disabilities. I am mainly involved in locating, preparing and organising various documents, while searching both physical library catalogue and electronic databases (e.g. using OneSearch and other) for study materials. I have also been converting various materials into electronic or print form so as to make them easily accessible to students with special needs.
- I have also interacted both in person and through e-mail with numerous individuals including library staff to effectively obtain the materials needed.
- As part of the Banking and Finance team, I was responsible for undertaking due diligence and document review, drafting a legal opinion, drafting a precedent document, preparing and presenting a mock pitch, and assisting with shipping law matters. I also had the pleasure of preparing a case brief for the Litigation team.
- As a mentor, I provided advice and guidance to a student on how to approach study so as to enable them to excel and achieve their full potential. The main areas of study which were the focus of this mentoring role included economics and other commerce-related subjects.
- In this role, I was responsible for supervising exams so as to ensure smooth conduct of the exams and prevent academic misconduct.
- In this role, I was assisting students with basic tasks in their final exams, which involved two-way communication so that the students’ ideas can be transcribed by me.
- As part of the Finance – Banking team, my main responsibilities included drafting advice and deeds, attending and assisting with settlements, delivering and lodging documents, as well as various research tasks including PPSR related research. This role allowed me to develop my commercial and legal skills in a practical setting.
- As part of the Finance – Banking team, I have assisted in a number of matters. The main tasks I was involved in included drafting advice, researching legal and commercial subjects, preparing a verification certificate file, PPSR checks, conditions precedent checks, as well as participating in a number of client meetings and execution of documents. This role has further cultivated a number of my essential skills including my communication, teamwork and legal skills as well as my commercial acumen.
- Being a Study Group Leader primarily required me to facilitate the study efforts of a group of students in economics.
- In this position, I held leadership responsibilities ranging from giving an introductory speech to an audience of about 200 individuals, through guiding as well as familiarising groups of five to ten students with the campus, to situations requiring my own initiative in order to assist students from diverse backgrounds and to ensure that their transition to university life progresses smoothly.
Education and Qualifications
|2017||Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)||Honours Degree||The University of Western Australia||Yes|
|2016||Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Bachelor of Commerce||Undergraduate Degree||The University of Western Australia||Yes|
|2010||Enhancement Studies Program||Other||Monash University||No|
|2010||Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)||Senior Secondary Education (Yr12)||St Josephs College, Ferntree Gully, Victoria||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|2016||Driver Enhancement Program||RAC DTEC||Yes|
|2014||Driver’s Licence||Department of Transport||No|
Achievements and Awards
- Accepted into the Honours program in Economics at the University of Western Australia in 2016 - Invited to undertake the Honours program in Law at the University of Western Australia in 2015 - Published an article in the Economics and Commerce Society of the University of Western Australia’s academic journal ‘The Bull and the Bear’ in 2014 - Awarded Westnet Infrastructure Group Undergraduate Scholarship for a high achieving student enrolled at the University of Western Australia Business School in 2011 - Dux of the College (the highest general score across the year level in the final year of High School) in 2010 - Awarded Certificates of Academic Excellence in Year 12 (the top performer in the subject area across the year level) in Economics, English (ESL), Legal Studies, Mathematical Methods (CAS) in 2010 - Principal’s Commendation of Excellence for attaining results in the top 10% of Year 12 students in 2010 - Award for exceptional effort in Year 12 across all studies in 2010 - Received Michael Mathews Commerce Award as part of Year 12 in 2010 - Principal’s Commendation of Excellence for attaining results in the top 10% of Year 11 students in 2009 - Academic Endeavour Award for Year 11 Mathematics in 2009
- Endnote (Intermediate)
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- MYOB (Basic)
- Windows (Advanced)
- R (Basic)
- Stata (Basic)
- Rungem (Basic)
- C++ (Basic)
- HTML (Intermediate)