I am a Geophysicist that is multi skilled looking to bring these talents to the TAFE.
I am a qualified geophysicist that has worked as a multi-disciplinary manager with extensive international experience and expertise in the Petroleum and Gas industry for over 18 years. My skills range from Acquisition Geophysicist providing technical expertise and support to upper management, colleagues and infield personnel, Project Manager responsible for the management of seismic exploration projects from planning, execution to close out. I have also been an Account (Commercial) Management where I was entrusted to build strong professional internal and external relationships whilst providing financial estimates and planning to projects. During my career an integral part of my progression and development has been my understanding, responsibility and commitment of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment requirements and systems.More
- Geophysical Field Technician are to successful complete of geophysical surveys in remote locations in Australia or globally.
- Using Explosive Ordinance Detection (EOD) technique surveying an ore stockpile resulting in identifying 7 potential hazards before ore is dumped into the crusher on Sino Iron Mine
- Responsible for Seismic Acquisition and Processing Projects, Europe and Africa from planning to the closeout phase with project budgets ranging from $50K to $200M USD. Relationship management of governmental departments and private stake holders involved in assigned projects.
- Successfully managed the Atlantic Margin 2D Seismic acquisition project within budget whilst increasing the kilometres of data acquired by 80% of the original scope.
- Developed an agreement with the Angolan and Namibian governmental authorities allowing continuous cross-border acquisition allowing planned scope to be achieved
- Key member of the Emergency Response Team tasked to monitor activists in the Arctic in the vicinity to acquisition operations.
- Presented and clarified technical and environmental to the Italian Environmental Ministry during the planning phase of an seismic acquisition program offshore Sardinia
- Exceeded Tullow Oil's desired acquisition program through strong relationships and trust with Tullow Oil's exploration team. Final acquisition area was 60% greater than original area by providing a suitable acquisition solution for larger area over the TEN fields. ;
- Increased Sales Team productivity through coaching and mentoring new staff to levels to function independently. ;
- Commercial and contractual negotiations on seismic acquisition programs from $3.0M to $80M USD in value. ;
- Prepared and presented over 50 tender reviews outlining scope, project costs, revenue projections, resource requirements, technical and project recommendations and to senior and executive management. ;
- Built and reinforced customer relationships by organising an annual London Technology Day for 60+ clients where latest technologies and developments were presented.
Account management of strategic customers tasked with establishing, growing and maintaining relationships whilst developing business growth in Europe and Africa regions. Focal point and team leader of 9 departments for responding to commercial tenders of seismic acquisition surveys. Key achievements:More
- Geophysical advisor on seismic acquisition programs and commercial tenders for North and South America.
- Integral member of the management team of the Justice WAZ acquisition following the Mocondo disaster assisting in search and rescue operations. Instrumental in maintaining client relationships and expectations of seismic operations during environmental cleanup and well stabilisation period. ;
- Successfully undertook dual role for 8 months as Project Manager and Acquisition Geophysicist for $100M USD Justice Wide Azimuth (WAZ) Acquisition. ;
- Organised CMS conference for 50+ technical personnel from over the world in London ;
- Created, reviewed and updated technical documents provided to internal and external customers ;
- Trained and coached 8 seismic crews in new Coil and Wide Azimuth (WAZ) seismic acquisition methods. ;
- Emergency response control room team member for search and rescue operations following a man overboard incident
- Completed over 20 seismic processing projects of acquisition programs in West Africa and the Gulf of Mexico ;
- Leading, mentoring and training of multinational personnel in the processing group encouraging the technical development through completion of internal training programs. ;
- Member of offshore crew HSE management drive to reduce LTI and injuries through being members of Loss Prevention Team (LPT), Man Overboard Crew, Search and Rescue Teams, Fire Fighting team and operational toolboxes
Offshore/Onshore Team leader of seismic processing group accountable for mentoring members and delivering completed seismic processing projects. Key achievements:More
- Commenced position as a crew member then transitioned to a crew leader responsible for the successful programs, crew logistics and field Camp operations and maintenance
- Crew leader who coordinated the acquisition of an electromagnetic survey on remote Fijian island whilst living in a local village and being sensitive to cultural customs and beliefs.
- Provided Infield processing and transmission of data to office locations on remote exploration projects.
- Member of crews achieving 12 successful explorations projects located in remote areas in Australia
Education and Qualifications
I have a Degree in Science and a Post Grad Diploma in Geophysics. During my career I have successfully completed various courses and training as outlined below.More
|2014||Quality Health and Safety Management||SLB||No|
|2012||Sales and Account Management Training||Other||Unknown||No|
|2010||SLB Finance 2010||Other||Unknown||No|
|2009||- Seismic Interpretation||Other||Unknown||No|
|2008||Project Management||Other||SLB NEXT||No|
|-||Bachelor of Science - Maths||Other||University of Queensland||No|
|-||Post Graduate Diploma - Geophysics||Other||University of Queensland||No|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)