Dynamic, dependable and go getter Project Manager. Looking for opportunities in tech startups and engineering industries
- Manage and develop our National distribution strategy, logistics and processes.
- Liaise with diversified stakeholders such as printers, warehouses, freight companies and distributors.
- Optimise and negotiate contracts with suppliers to meet quality, budget and delivery requirements => 25% budget saved between 2015 and 2016.
- Manage local staff distribution activities and monitor their performance. 3 staff in house and several contractors
- Customer service management
Urban Walk About is a digital and print publisher of curated urban lifestyle. UW publishes the urban walkabout city guides series across various cities in Australia and UK.More
- Develop and launch a new startup with the Media group.
- Market research, SWOT analysis, competitor comparisons, product management
Responsibilities and Achievements: ( YouAreSorted.com.au - mailto:http://www.youaresorted.com.au/ ) - Content Production MarketplaceMore
- Key influencer in increasing business turnover by 100% within 6 months. ;
- Responsible for financial administration of the company to ensure positive cash flow and sustain positive vendor relationships ;
- Reduced order processing time through development and implementation of an automated ordering system (online platform) ;
- Liaison and management of IT developers to ensure technical specifications met and fulfilled requirements of the business ;
- Office management in a fast growing business environment
The Cooks Co-Op is a start up founded in 2013 which focuses on sustainable farming, supporting local farmers with the distribution and promotion of quality chef grade produce and delivering the best restaurants of Sydney with excellent seasonal produce. ( http://cooksco-op.com ) Responsibilities and Achievements:More
- Management of adaptive grinding projects. I developed and established a new process to allow the automation of the grinding of fan blades: this included the development and industrialisation of the process, and then continuous improvement. ;
- Development: defining the different technical specifications and steps of the new process, including the creation and writing of the technical manual, and the algorithm modelling each operation of the manual process. ;
- Filed patent: this new method of manufacturing fan blades by forging with established wear parameters in the grinding process was patented in France. (Published the 26th of August 2011, FR ***). ;
- Creation of project scope for tenders ;
- Industrialization of the process for different blades (engines CFM 56 and CF6). ;
- I led the management of trainees during their master degree internship in the new process. ;
- I organised the collaboration between the Machine Centre manufacturers, programmers and our production unit (internal client). ;
- Production support: on-going reduction of costs and quality improvements. This included feasibility studies, test deployment and workshop monitoring, gauging repeatability and repetitivity, test results analysis using Minitab, and the industrialisation of effective solutions. I also created a quality management monitoring system using the Lean Six Sigma methodology). ;
- I was also able to automate a previously manual part of the manufacturing process, which saved the company EUR 400k per year. ;
- Junior project manager on the creation of a new EUR 3.2m five axis machining centre. I led the evaluation of tenders, the selection of the suppliers and the management of the winning subcontractor. ;
- The resolution of a supplier led product quality crisis using Method 8D: this included several trips overseas to assist suppliers including a period of two months in Taiwan (Kaoshiung). I was able to implement new machining processes with the supplier, including a complete review of the operating sequences for CMM (co-ordinate measuring machine) which resulted in significant quality improvements.
[[XZGDXROWBREAK]] Snecma is part of the international high-technology group SAFRAN. It's one of the world's leading manufacturers of aircraft and rocket engines, with consolidated sales of EUR 4.9 billion and a workforce of 13,000. ( http://www.snecma.com ) I was responsible for providing technical advice and expertise for the production of jet engine fan blades. I advised on manual and automated polishing processes, machining, and chemical treatments. My role also involved the management of key investment projects, tenders and the relationships with various subcontractors. I was also responsible for continuous improvement in the production process. Finally I was the co-ordinator between the respective engineering, production, supply chain, and quality departments. Responsibilities and Achievements: Fan Blades Manufacturing Engineering DepartmentMore
- Defining problem areas regarding the cutting tools process ;
- Establishment of technical, economic and quality control indicators. ;
- Analysis and construction of an improvement plan to drive continual improvement and process optimisation, using the FMECA (failure modes, effects and criticality analysis) process.
Achievements: Fan Blades Manufacturing Engineering Department I was responsible for the creation of an operations plan to drive cost reduction for the cutting tools used for machining fan blades. I used the DMAIC process (define measure analysis improvement control) to write and articulate my hypotheses, which was then implemented.More
Education and Qualifications
|2009||Masters Degree - Engineering||Other||College of Limoges||No|
|-||- Main courses||Other||the Technical University of Tampere||No|