I have learnt a lot of really useful skills in my three years as a lawyer, but I am now looking for a finance or corporate advisory role.
I started at Arnold Bloch Leibler as a graduate in February 2014 and am still working with the same company. I spent 18 months in the Property & Development team, before moving to the Commercial team, where I have now been for 18 months.More
- Developing strategy and structures for and negotiating sale, shareholders', joint venture and loan agreements with a strong commercial focus.
- Efficiently and effectively managing large, complex matters. This includes initial public offerings, where tasks include scoping and undertaking due diligence, timetabling a transaction and managing key regulatory stakeholders including ASX and ASIC.
- Using excellent written and oral communication skills to build strong client relationships and deliver sound commercial advice.
- Justin is a member of the corporate and commercial group that won `Transaction Team of the Year' at the 2015 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards.
Key transactions include: 1. Kogan.com: the purchase of the Dick Smith online business from receivers and its subsequent initial public offering. 2. Milan Direct: its sale to Temple & Webster, before the group’s initial public offering. 3. EPSA Group: its sale to Enermech in a complex transaction that included the EPSA Group founders continuing in their roles.More
- Working primarily on commercial property transactions, including acquisitions, sales, joint ventures and associated development for both public and high-net worth individual clients.
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills by building relationships with high net-worth, property development clients.
- Acting for Charter Hall on the purchase and leaseback of a $603 million portfolio of 54 gaming pubs across 6 states from the Woolworths-owned ALH Group.
- Acting for Impact Investment Group on its $96 million acquisition of the Transport Accident Commission Building in Geelong.
- Undertook a clerkship in the commercial department.
- Undertook a clerkship in the litigation department.
Arnold Bloch LeiblerMore
Education and Qualifications
Has a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance major) and Laws (First Class Honours) from Monash University. Currently studying a Masters of Applied Finance at Macquarie University.More
|2015||Lawyer||Other||Supreme Court of Victoria||Yes|
|2013||Bachelor of Commerce/Law||Bachelor Degree||Monash University||No|
Achievements and Awards
I achieved First Class Honours in my Bachelor of Laws. I was a member of the Golden Key Society for academic achievement. I was a member of the ABL Commercial Team that won the 2015 Lawyers Weekly "Transaction Team of the Year".
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)