I lead innovative human resources and industrial relations strategy and solutions to deliver desired business outcomes.
Key Skills My background is primarily in industrial relations and law with additional experience in general HR, workplace health and safety, project management and leading HR and IR specialists. Industrial Relations • High level industrial relations advice and strategy • Enterprise Bargaining • Case management Human Resources • Leadership of HR teams • HR Management • Strategic HR planning • HR project management • People performance Law • Admitted legal practitioner to the Supreme Court • Advocacy in tribunals • Industrial relations, employment and workplace health and safety legislationMore
- Drive the success of transformation and cultural change through promoting and modeling the established values of Commerciality, Teamwork, Innovation and Accountability; with particular emphasis on role modelling leadership behaviors.
- Develop and implement a Strategic Human Resource Plan for TAFE Queensland Brisbane.
- Direct, lead and manage a collaborative team of consultants and business partners to ensure the delivery and application of contemporary people management practice and process.
- Overseen the implementation of two (2) bespoke capability frameworks across both our frontline educator and support staff cohorts using a performance planning and development process.
- Strengthened the leadership pipeline by focusing on the upskilling of our frontline management level by delivering an induction program, ongoing coaching on leadership, managerial and personal effectiveness and enabling peer-to-peer coaching and support.
- Commenced the rebuild of the People and Culture team, a large team of HR professionals and SMEs, to set expectations and to grow shared values, communication and attitudes, and to begin the journey of delivering a high performing team.
- Providing the Director-General, Deputy Director-General and Assistant Director-General, Human Resources with timely, strategic industrial relations advice and options in response to sensitive industrial relations issues and strategies to improve the industrial relations climate for the department.
- Developing and implementing a coordinated, integrated multi-team approach to workforce relations across the various sectors of the department. ;
- Leading high level enterprise bargaining negotiations and conciliation and arbitration proceedings in industrial tribunals. ;
- Oversee project teams in the development, implementation, and revision and reporting of initiatives, programs, policies and targeted plans which relate to workforce relations. ;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all relevant employer and union organisations and state government departments and agencies. ;
Department of Employment and Industrial Relations/Justice and Attorney-GeneralMore
Education and Qualifications
I am an admitted legal practitioner in Queensland and hold two bachelor degrees in Law and Creative IndustriesMore
|2011||Admitted as a Legal Practitioner||Other||Supreme Court of Queensland||No|
|2011||Graduate Diploma - Legal Practice||Graduate Diploma||Queensland University of Technology||No|
|2007||Bachelor of Laws||Other||Queensland University of Technology||No|
|2005||Bachelor of Creative - Industries||Other||Queensland University of Technology||No|
|2000||High School Certificate||Senior Secondary Education (Yr12)||St Laurence's College, South Brisbane||No|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Office (Advanced)
- Outlook (Advanced)
- Powerpoint (Advanced)
- ios (Advanced)
- SAP (Basic)
- aurion (Basic)
- lattice (Basic)