Operations Project Management Business Development B2B & B2G Networking Forecasting & Budgeting MBA by Research in Innovation Management
· BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING · PROGRAM DELIVERY & MANAGEMENT · ACCREDITATION · STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT · BRAND RECOGNITION & AWARENESS · CLIENT RETENTION · PROJECT COORDINATION & CHANGE MANAGEMENT · TRAINING AND TEAM BUILDINGMore
- Manage financials & operations of multiple businesses namely, Alsalam Medical Centre, 7 General Practices at Advantage Medical & Dental and 5 Dental chairs operating under the same banner.
- Devise and implement strategies in consultations with Board of Directors in relation to operations, systems, recruitment, T&D and successive planning through performance reviews, appraisals and resource planning
- Develop and maintain financial and budgeting reports for Board of Directors and Accountants
- Establish systems, goals and objectives for business development using Polar GP, Pen CAT and MYOB
- Develop and implement incentives programs for GPs, Dentists, Allied Health practitioners and general staff
- Prepare plans, develop staff and strategies in line with plans and report to directors against the plans
- Establish and implement policies & procedures as per RACGP standards, set goals & organizational objectives conferring with board, senior officials, and staff as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with the government legislations and regulations effecting physical environment of the practice and apply for grants and incentives within the industry
- Interact and develop network at all levels external to the practice, such as PHNs in Eastern and South-Eastern Melbourne (Formerly known as Medicare Local offices of IEMML, EMML and FMPML), etc.
- Build and develop a network of recruiters, doctors, and locum doctors to recruit, assist and relieve medical professionals
- Liaise and maintain business relationships with external stakeholders like builders, IT Companies, Town Planners, Architects, Accountants, Bookkeepers and suppliers of Medical Equipment and Consumables.
- Liaise with AHPRA for doctor registration, EVGP (formerly VMA & SGPT) for GP Registrar recruitment, record keeping and supervisor accreditation and AGPAL & GPA for practice accreditations.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements for GPs, Dentists and Allied Health Practitioners.
- Managed and reported against 7 State and Commonwealth funded programs, namely Rural Extended and Advanced Procedural Skills (REAPS) program, Victorian General Practitioner - Rural Generalist (GP-RG), Consolidation of skills program (CoS), State-wide Obstetric and Anaesthetic Workshops, Future Workforce Programs, Gippsland Medical Student Network and Medical Professional Development Grants and Scholarships
- Managed day to day operations of the Rural Workforce Program staff and lead all aspects of RWAV’s rural workforce programs and ensured performance and compliance in accordance with RWAV’s contracts and KPIs, government policy and legislation
- Identify, develop and facilitate advanced procedural skills training pathways with GP-RG health services providers
- Lead and coordinated the review, design and successful implementation of improvements and expansion of program systems and processes and efficient financial management of the rural workforce programs
- Ensured the effective co-ordination of activities, setting of priorities and allocation of resources within the service area
- Ensured statutory obligations, practice and professional standards are met in all Program activities.
- Managed programs including development, implementation, evaluation and reporting and developing processes and manuals
- Implemented and monitored contracts and their requirements, prepared reports and related budget management and monitoring tools
- Developed stakeholder engagement strategies leading to high quality partnerships and relationships
- Supervise direct reports as required and maintained and monitored employee performance.
- Successfully implemented Rural Workforce Programs as a team leader for Rural Workforce Agency Victoria and Managed $6.2 million of Commonwealth and State funding on behalf of Department of Human Services (DHHS) and Department of Health (DOH) over 7 programs
- Developed sales, operations, and staff development strategies for 7 retail outlets and 50 staff ;
- Liaised and advised on processes and procedural improvement, stock control and stock take coordination, procurement and other opportunities to the GM ;
- Liaised with centre management with regards to security, maintenance, staff parking, in-centre advertising and promotion, merchandising, casual leases and other operation related issue ;
- Negotiated trading terms to incorporate the marketing calendar including new product launch and exclusive and seasonal promotions in coordination with 7 regional stores
- Managed store re-branding projects of acquisitions, including new product catalogue rollouts, visual merchandising, account management, customer relationship development and change management ;
- Managed key accounts and developed new business opportunities into Nursing Homes and Aged Care facilities ;
- Developed computerised store layouts that proved beneficial in promotional and stocktake planning ;
- Co-ordinated stocktakes for Victorian pharmacies and managing external (Lotons) teams wherever necessary. The management of the company's internal stocktake team resulted in 40% saving in reduced cost for stocktaking ;
- Assisted HR and T&D departments by developing training manuals and conducting operational training sessions for pharmacist and staff and with hiring quality staff ;
- Liaised with nursing homes, aged care facilities and doctor's surgeries to promote the brand, membership and build business relationships ;
- Implemented QCPP and OH&S standards in order to be compliant with Pharmacy Guild and Pharmacy Board of Victoria and serving as OH&S supervisor for 6 regional stores ;
- Nominated for “Striving for Excellence” in individual award category and “Achievement through Teams” for a team award category at National Pharmacies (Australia)
- Responsible for managing a cluster of 5 stores comprising pharmacy, OTC, mother & child, cosmetics, toys, seasonal promotions, confectionary, and photo lab with an average store size of 12,000 sq. ft. ;
- Oversee the strategic management and address operational oversight of the individual units and mentor management and staff with a view to streamline operations, reduce operating costs, and increase profitability ;
- Liaised with regional and state managers to provide feedback in developing and maintaining organizational strategies, operational efficiencies, and identifying region specific promotional opportunities for local market ;
- Managing store operational responsibilities, including sales and payroll budgets, rosters, and 4 core departments of pharmacy, photo lab, OTC shopfloor, and catalogue generating revenues in excess of US$ 10 million ;
- Introduced an innovative ``Eckerd Brand'' promotional program that was implemented nationally ;
- Managed acquisition projects for Thrift and Fay's stores that resulted in early finish, saving thousands of dollars associated with acquisition ;
- Set-up all seasonal and regular store ordering and merchandizing procedures to cut the time literally in half of what originally was in place. This reduced staffing requirement and most of all cut the shrinkage to 2½ percent by introducing stock wastage record, coaching and training, snap audits, and simplified paperwork
- Successfully oversaw and implemented the Y2K project ensuring responses to operational failures
- Received “Top Gun” award of the year for 1999 at Eckerd Pharmacies (USA)
Education and Qualifications
|2009||Master of Business Administration||Other||LA TROBE UNIVERSITY||No|
|1988||BACHELOR OF COMMERCE||Bachelor Degree||University of Karachi||No|
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- MYOB (Intermediate)
- Best Practice Software (Intermediate)
- Medical Director (Intermediate)
- PracSoft (Intermediate)