I believe i am a suitable candidate to hire as my goal is to build a long term career and develop a leadership role within an organisation.
I have recently completed my Graduate Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) at Curtin University in 2013. My aim is to pursue a career in OHS, ideally in highly skilled and technical organisations. I have undertaken OHS vacation work within an organisation specialising in Iron Ore as well as work experience in oil and gas Brownfield’s maintenance to ensure I am constantly improving my skills. Expanding my knowledge and skill set is important to me, as it allows me to work confidently knowing I have the previous experience in handling situations and task. Having a challenging environment is something I believe my abilities will thrive on. Working either city-based work, fly-in fly-out or overseas are intriguing prospects which I want to consider.More
- Assisting OHS coordinator, reviewing MSDS and chemical risk assessments, performing risk assessments (of site and employee tasks). Work with employees to have a better understanding of their tasks and their opinions with the risks
- - Building relationships with employees and stakeholders. - Reviewing and updating Austral Precast SDS files
- Site trips to the Pilbara region to offer support to employees and presenting required training courses. Organisation and updating of the Standard Work Procedure Register and the online data base (HSEQ) for the Pilbara Development
- - Though Perth based role, i took on the task of going out to side in the Pilbara at some of the sites. - Presented a training course for employees on site. - Updated and maintained the HSEQ data base
Education and Qualifications
|2013||Bsc (O)||Bachelor Degree||Curtin University||Yes|
Achievements and Awards
- Graduate Occupational Health and Safety at Curtin University (Dec 2013) - Rio Tinto Vacation student (Dec 2012-Feb 2013) - 2012 Honourable Mention for the IFAP Russell Leith Memorial Award.
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- Visio (Intermediate)