Skilled Business Analyst with Product Management & Solution Design experience. Currently looking for product or digital roles
I am an experienced & outcome focused IT Professional proven in defining, initiating and delivering solutions and services aligned to business strategy and direction. I am an expert in user/client communication, user experience (UX), process improvement, technical business analysis, strategy and product management. I pride myself as an innovative, lateral and logical thinker with a sharp analytical mind. I am a lateral and logical thinker with excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders. I have the technical skills to communicate and negotiate effectively with developers, solution architects and various other techies while at the same time the communication and people skills to work effectively with the business and executive management and the business acumen to deliver excellent results at a commercial level.More
- Lead Technical Business Analyst for Digital Collaboration Program's Office 365 migration
- Analysis and management of third party application remediation for Office 365
- Pre-sales client consultation
- Preparation of tender responses to client briefs, development of SOW's
- Workshop facilitation
- Business process mapping, requirements documentation
- User flow analysis and UX advisory, Product A/B Testing
- Manage a product backlog with JIRA & Confluence
- Manage user stories/use cases in JIRA for projects
After an organisational restructure I was promoted to be the Lead Business Analyst & Product Manager within the C1 Tech team. In this role I oversee a small Analysis & Product team of several BA's & testers and we work on the delivery of both bespoke technology solutions for corporate clients as well the development of a suite of core tech HR & Recruiting systems to supplement the current C1 recruiting business. Reporting directly to the CIO, I also undertake a senior advisory role within the organisation in terms of digital & commercial strategy.More
- Process mapping
- Requirements documentation
- User story/use case definition
- Workshop facilitation
- User Acceptance Testing
- Solution Architecture
As a senior member of the C1 Tech team, this role involves consulting with internal and external stakeholders to assist in the implementation of native and bespoke CareerOne solutions. This includes taking briefs from concept through requirements gatherings and documentation, engaging in process improvement, solution design and working with our development teams to ensure high quality product outcomes.More
- Implemented sign on glass GPS & RFID warehouse systems
- Renegotiated supplier agreements with NAB and AMEX, implemented online payment gateway for credit card processing
- Designed, scoped and managed in house development of internal quoting system (iQuotes) to improve existing cumbersome quoting used by sales staff. This system saved 2000 man hours in its first year after implementation.
- Performed analysis of operations team workflow and process mapped existing processes. Worked with management team to refine existing processes and implemented streamlined workflow. This resulted in reduction in operations team head count and organisational savings.
- Implemented document management system to remove the need for paper based job files
- Implemented HRIS (HR3) Employee Self Service kiosk and workflow implementation to replace paper based timesheet and leave approval system with web based systems.
- Designed and developed VBA based solutions to automatically important bank feeds and subcontractor job sheets and invoices into Cargowise EDI system.
- Designed and developed specification for an organisation wide workflow management system to replace cumbersome paper based system of job allocation and flow.
- Conducted review of company spending and changed procedures for mail and courier use, with savings of $60k PA.
- Business Analysis & Strategy
Stockwell International is one of largest 100% Australian owned and operated logistics companies in Asia Pacific. This was a multi-tiered role that involved both infrastructure, process and software development work. This role also gave an excellent opportunity to work on process improvement projects and develop my skills in that arena. Key Achievements - IT & ManagementMore
- Helped perform full ``As Is'' and ``To Be'' process analysis of COB processes and mapped in Holocentric modeller.
- Conducted workshops with user groups and developed Requirements documentation.
- Acted as liaison between development team and COB users.
- Developed user documentation and worked on test cases with COB SME.
In this role I was seconded fulltime onto the BOSS Replacement Project Team as Business Analyst & Technology Lead to support the Lead BA. This goal of this project was the replacement of the core business system for the Classification Board which was out of support and a business risk. This required analysis of the existing system, working with the business to improve business processes, change management, defining and designing the new system and it's fit within the broader system architecture and then working with in house development & testing teams to develop a bespoke LAMP based solution and then deliver it into production.More
- Managed IT integration of OFLC into the AGD, including full replacement of IT infrastructure and SOE development.
- Acted as representative of Information Services branch and implemented a records management system into COB (TRIM eDRMS)
- Lead the refresh of former OFLC public website and internal web applications
- Provided all IT & IS training functions for the office.
As a result of the integration of the OFLC into the Attorney General's Department I was transferred into a new role within the restructured organization, retaining the responsibilities of my old role and adding responsibility for provision of services the including training, knowledge management & record keeping (implementation of EDRMS system), web services, CMS management and development. During this time I was also Tech BA/Tech Lead on the OFLC-AGD Integration Project, which was a major infrastructure involving the replacement of all OFLC technical assets with new DELL hardware, implementation of a VMware virtualised environment, a full network overhaul (from switches to network links and implementation of private managed WAN) and development of a new SOE. Information Services SectionMore
- Management of OFLC IT function ;
- Stakeholder engagement with external vendors, clients and other government bodies ;
- Systems Administration
- 2nd & 3rd Level IT Support ;
- Software Development (as analyst programmer)
Classification * Replacing the previous manager, I was promoted to the IT Manager role. During this time I performed similar technical support duties/development duties, as well as managing a small team of staff and leading many projects as product owner/PM. During this time I had a contract business analyst in the team, who taught and mentored me in the ins and outs of large scale business analysis within large corporates/government departments.More
- 1st and 2nd level IT support to OFLC staff, as well as
- Technical support for various audio visual and multimedia devices (inc film projection)
- Systems Administration (Windows, Linux, VMWare etc)
- Database administration and management (MS SQL)
- Software Development (ASP & PHP)
The Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC) is an Australian Government agency that provides administrative support to the Classification Board and the Classification Review Board. This role was again a split between technical support/sysadmin and software development.More
- 1st/2nd level support for IT in Asia Pacific region as part of a team of 5
- Software development of internal and external systems based in Lotus Notes/Domino & LotusScript
- Systems administration of a Windows and *Nix network & system infrastructure
L.E.K. Consulting, a management consulting group, provides advice on corporate strategy to major Australian companies. While completing my degree at UTS I had the opportunity to work part time in the role of Systems Engineer.More
Education and Qualifications
|2004||Bachelor of Science in Computing Science||Bachelor Degree||University of Technology Sydney||No|