I am starting my own counselling practise M-Power Counselling and Consultancy; I will be accepting referrals from January 2017.
• Professionally trained and qualified vocational rehabilitation counsellor with over twenty years’ experience in providing counselling, rehabilitation, vocational evaluations, and assessments to clients with a range of physical, psychological, and psycho-social challenges. • Demonstrated ability to handle complex cases by ensuring every aspect of medical management, rehabilitation plan development and vocational placement is handled in a professional manner. • Extensive knowledge of psychological, rehabilitation, and counselling theories and practices and labour market trends. • Experienced in evaluating work skills and capacities, formulating vocational plans, and providing vocational counselling • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, organisations, and other stakeholders. • Demonstrated ability to explore and source employment and training opportunities with local organisations.More
- Provided adjustment to disability counselling to assist clients overcome their barriers and develop self- awareness and improve coping mechanisms and foster a positive sense of self-worth. ;
- Conducted a wide range of rehabilitation counseling and case management services to clients with injuries and disabilities. ;
- Conduct rehabilitation assessments of Australian Defence Force (ADF) Members to determine their capacity to undertake a rehabilitation program. ;
- Develop, deliver and maintain a rehabilitation program in line with Defence policy and procedures. ;
- Assist ADF Member with education, training and career options prior to their separation from the ADF. ;
- Conduct discipline specific assessments in accordance with individual professional qualifications and complete related reports with clinical justifications as required. ;
- Identify and address barriers to effective and timely rehabilitation. ;
- Coordinate the delivery of services in support of an ADF member's rehabilitation program, including communication with all stakeholders, to effect a seamless experience and outcome. ;
- Provide regular reports to key stakeholders in line with ADF Rehabilitation Programme procedures. ;
- Actively contribute to, and support, a multidisciplinary team environment. ;
- Deliver education packages to key internal and external stakeholders.;
- Manage, coach and monitor a team of contracted Rehabilitation Consultants.
- Develop, monitor and review rehabilitation programs in consultation with the injured/ill employees, their supervisor, treating professionals, approved rehabilitation providers and other relevant parties. ;
- Provide employees with written documentation regarding their rights and responsibilities including possible consequences if an employee fails to actively participate in a rehabilitation program. ;
- Develop and co-ordinate rehabilitation plans in consultation with the injured /ill person, the supervisor, treating professionals and other relevant parties and ensure close management and monitoring of these plans. ;
- Implement and monitor early intervention strategies. ;
- Organise Section 36 and Fitness for Duty evaluations and implement the recommendations. ;
- Provide guidance and advice on Workers Compensation claims. ;
- Liaise with insurance companies, medical practitioners and other professionals to ensure all parties are consulted regarding the client's individual rehabilitation program
- Counselled clients with regard to adjusting to disability.
- Undertook comprehensive assessments of client’s vocational, social, medical, personal and psychological needs in order to develop an individual rehabilitation plan.
- Planned, developed, implemented and monitored rehabilitation programs, making sure that appropriate services are provided within these programs.
- Referred clients for medical, physical, psychological or psychiatric evaluations.
- Used a variety of assessment tools and strategies to assess a client's particular interests, abilities, skills, motivation, attitude, values and knowledge to establish goals.
- Researched and use the labour market information to assist clients make decisions about their vocational choices.
- Arranged formal or on-the-job training for clients in line with their rehabilitation goals.
- Evaluated client's progress in training or employment phases of the rehabilitation program as well as the effectiveness of redeployment.
- Established and maintain professional relationships with employers, customers, job seekers, referrers, community agencies and insurers.
- Provided and maintain comprehensive rehabilitation reports and case notes.
- Undertook assessment of client's current and future capacity to work via interview-based methodology, and completed assessment reports. ;
- Delivered Job Capacity Assessment services in line with legislative requirements and DHS guidelines. ;
- Identified client's barriers to employment and any interventions required to address them; including supporting clients to improve their work capacity or obtain/maintain employment. ;
- Liaised with other internal and external professionals, as required, to complete assessments and/or make appropriate referrals;
- Lodged completed assessment reports electronically via the DEWR ES Smartclient system within the required timeframes. ;
- Arranged specialist assessments or Job Capacity Account interventions for clients in accordance with DHS guidelines.
- Oversaw the management of return to work cases - physical and psychological and providing accurate injury management advice. ;
- Implemented early intervention strategies. ;
- Ensured compliance with rehabilitation processes and legislative frameworks including appropriate file maintenance. ;
- Coached and liaised with return to work providers to facilitate successful return to work outcomes. ;
- Provided guidance and advice on Workers Compensation claims. ;
- Provided on-going advice, support and interpretation on human resource matters. ;
- Assisted in the resolution of conflict/issues as required. ;
- Assisted managers and team leaders with the development of appropriate performance review systems, attendance strategies and well-being programs. ;
- Liaised with insurance companies, medical practitioners and other professionals to ensure all parties are consulted regarding the client's individual rehabilitation program.
- Provide telephone counselling to a range of individuals that called in to the the Salvation Army Counsellling Services.
- Assisted clients identify barriers to, and opportunities for achieving goals.
- Referred applicants to services such as vocational counselling, literacy or language instruction, transportation assistance, vocational training and child care.
- Linked clients appropriately with relevant specialists and services.
- Arranged for skill, intelligence, or psychological testing of clients.
- Informed applicants of job openings and details such as duties, responsibilities and skills required.
- Established and maintained relationships with other agencies and organizations in the community in order to meet client needs.
- Spoke to community groups to explain the organisations purpose, programs, and policies.
- Attended to complex enquiries from customers, assessed needs and provided information, advice and solutions.
- Examined, assessed and processed claims, including more complex and unusual cases under relevant legislation, policy and guidelines.
- Prepared correspondence, reports and other written documentation.
- Researched and wrote funding submissions for government and non – government employment programs.
- Evaluated new and existing employment programs to assess the need for changes, using information such as participant surveys and feedback.
- Monitored and reviewed programs to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
- Developed program budgets and monitored expenditure to ensure that they remain within budgetary limits.
- Counselled program participants to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioural problems affecting their educational or vocational situations.
- Provided participants, with support and assistance to find sustainable employment.
- Prepared and compiled training programs and information session packages.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of Performance Management Plans.
- Maintained employee-related data bases.
- Managed staff attendance, leave applications and absence forms in coordination with the head office.
- Prepared staff time sheets and staff activity reports for the head office.
- Prepared internal and external official correspondences.
- Prepared job descriptions in consultation with the HR and other department manager’s.
- Assisted staff with enquiries about visa’s, housing, shipping, payroll, banking and HR matters.
- Advised management on changes to visas and health and safety regulations.
- Developed programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Assisted with the establishment of an in-house employee training program that addressed the organisations training needs.
- Recruited staff – advertised, interviewed, appointed.
- Liaised with recruitment agencies for hiring of factory staff.
- Provided assessment, information, advocacy, intervention and follow up services for staff.
- Prepared employment contracts for all staff.
- Processed staff payroll and time sheets.
- Coordinated the absence management of staff and prepared evaluation reports.
- Assisted with the implementation of the organisation’s safety and health programs.
Education and Qualifications
|2004||Certificate - Business||Certificate||Unknown||No|
|1995||Master of Psychology||Other||University of Madras||No|
|1993||Bachelor of Psychology||Other||University of Madras||No|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- JeHDI (Advanced)