Experienced Financial Executive
- Co-led the process to list the company on the ASX to raise the investment capital needed to clear debt and increased the company's working capital.
- Developed a forensically audited financial forecasting model for the company's prospectus which provided a robust basis for investor analysis.
- Helped establish the company's management reporting system to enable the company to present its financial statements in a clear and concise summary format that could be easily understood by the Board.
- Preparation of monthly CFO report, Board Papers, Strategic Plans and Budgets.
- Work closely with Senior Management in reviewing operations and working on efficiency initiatives.
- Managing the company's insurances, treasury, superannuation, fleet and leasing portfolio.
- Manage the Group's total IT portfolio. ;
- Assist the Company Secretary with various tasks to comply with various regulatory authorities. ;
- Identify and drive process improvement. ;
- Involved in the acquisition and integration processes of multiple companies that were acquired during this and last financial year.
$300m a year labour hire and group training company with 450 employees listed on the ASX in Engaged by the Managing Director and CFO of this $300m a year labour hire and training company to develop and implement the processes and systems needed to prepare it for ASX listing. This has included assisting with the initial ASX listing project and accountability for Company Secretarial matters, insurance, leases, board papers, ASX and annual reporting, financial modelling and forecasting, debt recovery, and legislative compliance.More
- Introduced structured finance techniques and financial facilities to enable the company to secure a multi-option debt facility to pursue its expansion objectives.
- Negotiated and liaised with retail and investment banks regarding funding facilities and the repayment of debt through a capital raising which cleared the company's debts and strengthened the balance sheet.
- Prepared strategic, business, marketing and financial plans, investor presentations, revenue analyses, expense forecasts, break even analyses
- Enhanced and maintained the company's operational risk management framework, policies and procedures that led to a more flexible and robust framework and facilitated project approval for senior managers.
- Co-led the implementation of an upgraded and more robust financial and business system that enabled the production of user friendly and more accurate reports within shorter time frames.
- Analysed the actual cost of a gaming machine to improve the accuracy of the company's product pricing and achieve targeted margins.
- Presented the Capital Management Program to the Board which demonstrated that additional external funding would not by necessary to enable the business to achieve its long term growth objectives.
- Undertook a cost-benefit analysis of the company's leasing portfolio which led to a reduction in the cost of some leasing agreements.
- Costed and priced various products under development to determine the likely profitability of new products to be introduced into various international markets and as part of the company's submission for government R&D funds. Costed various products, promotions and other marketing campaigns and recommended the most effective approach to maximise their return on investment.
Engaged by the company's Executive Chairman to analyse the company's costings, develop forecasts and budgets and to assess the operational risks associated with various projects and products.More
- Raised several million dollars on behalf of a telecommunications and information technology company and a cosmetics company by sourcing an equity fund partner.
- Prepared the investment documents and negotiated the sale of a $40m a year IT company to an ASX listed IT&T company.
Advised clients on the most effective strategies for raising funds to acquire small businesses, prepared investment and legal documentation, positioned companies for sale and sourced investors for clients. Promoted companies to retail and investment banks, provided corporate advisory services, prepared business, marketing, strategic and financial plans, prepared cash flow forecasts, developed financial models, negotiated legal issues, analysed revenues and expenses. Played an integral role in the success of several businesses by providing high calibre connections and creating opportunities for the establishment of partnerships between potential investors and clients.More
- Established business alliances and relationships with Australian private investment firms and Greek government agencies.
- Sourced venture capital funds in the context of cultural differences and differences in business practices.
- Established a sophisticated hybrid finance package to achieve a lower interest rate and a blend between equity and debt to strengthen the balance sheet.
For this start-up enterprise, enabled the company to source funds, secure sites for resorts in Greece, assembled a team to develop the business and forge partnerships with government agencies in Greece. Established the financial platform which enabled the company to deliver significant cash-flow. Senior Manager - Capital Markets Securitisation ,More
- Grew the business by 75% and contributed 70% of the department's fee income by providing fee structures that encouraged ongoing income streams.
- Within tight deadlines, executed mandates of more than $250m through commercial mortgage backed securities.
Executed and closed asset based finance solutions for mortgage originators and property developers companies, managed the execution of transactions, developed project plans and financial models, prepared credit submissions and negotiated legal terms.More
October 1999 - October 2000 Management Accountant - Treasury June 1997 - October 2000 Management Accountant - TreasuryMore
October 1999 - October 2000 Management Accountant - TreasuryMore
Education and Qualifications
|-||Diploma - Financial Services||Diploma||Australian Institute of Company Directors||No|
|-||Other||Australian Society of CPAs||No|
|-||Certificate - Financial Services||Certificate||National Financial Institute||No|
|-||Bachelor of Business - Accounting & Law||Other||University of Western Sydney||No|
|-||CPA||Other||Australian Society of CPAs||No|
Achievements and Awards
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Access (Basic)
- Visio (Advanced)
- SAP (Basic)
- Cognos (Intermediate)
- MYOB (Advanced)
- TM1 (Advanced)
- Pronto (Advanced)