Provide Consultancy Services across a number of diverse industries.
In every position held I pride myself on effective, accurate and ethical advice in quality health, safety, and training space. Some industries include; marine, construction, oil & gas industry, coal and metalliferous mining resources, warehousing. My trade experience included base load and peak load power station maintenance, heavy engineering fabrication, processing environments. Various consulting roles have included training, skills mapping and apprentices across a variety of industrial sectors. Supporting senior Project teams in implementing safety based transformational change processes to ensure improvements are stabilized. However, when hard decisions need to be made I am consistent, fair and reliable in the outcomes. Developed communication strategies to ensure ongoing vibrancy and participation in of the Safety Management Systems. Managing the development and updating Training Systems and implementation for various industries assessment tools and qualifications structures allied to marine, mining, power station, engineering and manufacturing. Conducted training and assessment on various OHS topics; hazard identification, risk management, general safety topics and participation in pre-start and toolbox meetings to support proactive management has proved to be a positive thermometer for gauging participation. Facilitated HazOp processes and tied these into the Safety Management Systems. Conduct Systems audits and compliance audits for AS4801, ISO9001, targeting high risk issues. Conducted effective and timely incident investigations, ICAM, with injury management process, supporting injury management processes for the most effective outcomes for people and organisations. Provided advice on chain of responsibility compliance and load restraint compliance requirements. My early Quality Assurance experience within the Marine Ship Repair later moved to managing a NATA certified laboratory in a pressure vessel manufacturing organisation to broaden my experiences.More
- Provide OHS support for supervision and workforce across the four warehouse locations in the Surat Basin.
- Coordinate and conduct in the CEVA OHS management system as a part of mobilisations to site. Develop and support the client relationship. Develop and collate safety KPI information and report as required
- Provide and support training requirements and maintains the training matrix and Management systems.
- Reduction in the subcontractor's number of non-compliant loads entering the site.
- Re-sequencing tasks to reduce risk and increase productivity.
- Across four regional sites standardizing task processes to reduce risk.
Four regional sites with a diverse customer base and product range increase the need for basic standardization of repetitive task.More
- Review and manage Project Health and Safety Systems documents for currency.
- Manage internal audits and coordinate external audit schedules for the Projects involved in.
- Reviewed and analysed Project HSE Metrics for trends and Safety Program developments.
- Conduct HazOp Workshop to ensure all risks are identified and can be mitigated or eliminated
- Conduct incident investigations and report to determine the root cause and follow up actions.
- Provide HSE support for Projects involved in and provided support for non-project personnel and managers as required.
- Provide safety audit services when required to a variety of Projects interstate and overseas.
- Provide advice and support to Project Managers and staff on every Project assigned to for health and safety issues.
- Promoted a strong safety culture, and encouraged hazard reporting, near miss, and personnel responsibility was encouraged.
- Ensure appropriate training was conducted on a timely manner.
- Deliver induction programs for visitors to site.
- Continuously review on-site work practices, materials conditions, plant and equipment and identify OHS hazards.
- Qld WorkCover site coordinator.
- Provide and review subcontractors as a section of the safety management systems.
- The reduction in injury rates and severity. A Communication strategy which had a positive impact on the behavior on site regarding risk.
- Influenced various subcontractors in how they conducted thier business on site.
Close liaison with human resources department to ensure appropriate actions are taken when required. Paticipated in the selection of safety team members, as required. Worked with various clients including SANTOS, QGC, Fluor, Alstom, BMA, Seimens, Sunwater, BCC, Glencore, Exxon, Origin.More
- Developed and implemented construction site Safety system for site establishment and mobilisation.
- Utilizing national guidelines and Corporate Standards to develop management plans and Safety System.
- Maintained and monitored internal training systems for staff for professional development
- Conduct public training on various safety topics
- Develop Training programs and assessment tools
- Developed and maintained client relationships for ongoing Health and Safety consultant services.
- Reviewed, developed an integrated management system covering QA 9001:200, OHS 4801, Australian Quality Training Framework standards and Consulting.
Training Systems ManagerMore
- Provided Government with industry's training requirements for policy development, including providing industry government access to influence policy. Provided training audit services to Government and private training organisations.
- Developed training places and influence training plan development with TAFE and private training providers to secure apprenticeship training. Assist industry to increase apprenticeship take-up.
- Provided recommendation to Queensland government on training needs for the manufacturing and aircraft industries.
- Managed and maintained the NATA certified NDT and Destructive testing laboratory and the welding procedure and welder certification processes.
- Maintain American Certification for two ASME Stamps; steel and welding, two British Welding and pressure vessel Quality Standards and Australian Pressure Quality Standard.
- Developed Safety Management system that integrated quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Enhanced the injury management process to enhance industry standing for heavy steel fabrication manufacturing.
- Reduced WorkCover premiums with submission to WorkCover.
- Maintain, Monitor and Review Ship Yard activities and various project milestones.
- Provide timely training to ensure effective outcomes support the construction phase.
- Maintained and reviewed the Yards Safety systems for compliance .
- Organise and Manage Training for the Yard workforce, liaise with RTO and Supervisors for on-the-job training instruction.
- Ship Lift Facility Upgrade to 2,500ton program control for marine civil wharf extension and hard stand development upgrade. The construction of the 450 ton Lift platform fabricated in 5 parts with a length tolerance of 5mm over 67 meters, painted and installed by internal employee labour.
- Equipment importation and installation QC reviewed. ;
- QA/QC documentation development and maintenance for Lloyds Register Insurance for ship-lift.
- Internal $20M Project construction Quality Documentation provided for Lloyds Register to insure.
- All workforce received a pay increase from the training conducted from the Project
- Employed the first female in a non-traditional trade.
- First for TAFE Northern Territory to train in the workplace across two qualifications in 1996-97.
No significant injuries.More
- Maintain, repair plant and equipment, central role in as long term member of the 25MW power Station maintenance/operation team.
- Mine Site fire system and process water and potable water systems maintenance, servicing and repair.
- Mine Site general equipment maintained, diagnosed and monitored for reliability and production serviceability.
- All mine overhead cranes' maintenance, repair and servicing responsibilities.
- Training Program development, on a one year secondment to Mine Training Department, to develop training programs and assessment materials for internal training programs for engineering, process operators and mine site workforce.
OH&S Committee member.More
- Water Tube Boiler and associated ash, water, steam, chemical equipment Breakdown Repair and Shutdown responsibilities.
- Coal conveyor system breakdown repair activities. ;
- Turbine Shutdown maintenance
- Trade Qualification Fitter & Machinist.
Education and Qualifications
|2014||Degree in Training Adult/vocation)||Bachelor Degree||University of Northern Territory||Yes|
|2012||Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety||Diploma||National Safety Council of Australia||Yes|
|2011||Conduct Safety & Health Investigation||Other||Safety Wise||Yes|
|2006||30019QLD Course in Health and Safety Management||Other||Construction Skills Training Centre||Yes|
|2004||Conduct an Occupational Health and Safety Audit||Other||National Safety council of Australia||Yes|
|1999||Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment||Certificate IV||Australian Industry Group||Yes|
|1982||Fitter and Turner||Certificate III||Yeronga TAFE Queensland||Yes|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|2015||First Aid Level 2||St John Training||Yes|
|2015||Confined Space - gas||Koolat Safety||Yes|
|2015||Confined space entry||Koolat Safety||Yes|
|2015||Working at Heights||Koolat Safety||Yes|
|2014||Generic Coal Induction ticket||PreStart Safety and Training Pty Ltd||Yes|
|2014||Standard 11 Black Coal Mining Supervisor||OHSA||Yes|
|2014||HLTPAT410D Collect pathology speciemens other than blood||Workplace Drug Testing Services Pty Ltd||Yes|
|2013||RIIVEH201B Operate Light vehicle||Drilling Skills Australia||Yes|
|2013||Marine Security Identification Card||Queensland Ports||Yes|
|2012||30782QLD Course in functioning as Rehabilitiation and Return to Work Cordinator||Australian Industry Group||Yes|
|2009||Construction Induction Card ( White)||SafeWork SA||Yes|
|2005||Auditor OHS System, Plant and Hygiene and OHS Compliance||RABQSA||Yes|
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS *** McConnell Dowell GLNG Upstream Roma02 Hub and Collection Pipeline Project Health Safety and Systems Manager. Small team of 8 HS Advisors and administration. My achievement is this multi-disciplined environment is reduction in the injury frequency rates by 60% to low single figures. An increase in leading indicators participation rates and the decrease in our risk profile of the Project. This further enhanced the client relationship and increased workforce interactive communication. *** McConnell Dowell LNG PNG Komo Airfield EPC5B with MacDow & CCCC Joint Venture. HSS &T Manager. Large team covering 25 HSE Advisors, 9 fire emergency crew, 6 trainers and 4 administration and 2500 workforce. Customised the Joint Venture System Management System to comply with Client requirements on the $1.3B Project. In consultation with Client and EPC5B Senior management develop to implementation the Behavioural Safety Program to across the indigenous workforce. LTI free Project. *** McConnell Dowell QCLNG Export Pipeline - Narrows Crossing Project. HSE Manager. Small team of 6 Safety Advisors, 2 Environmental Advisors, 2 administration. $400M Coal Seam Gas pipeline EPDC Project for a technically difficult 12 kilometres over marshlands and coastal environments. Manage and monitor permit processes for environmental site access. Ensured constructability and environmental protection is conducive to the program, and complies with client, government expectations. Sediment and Erosion control strategies have been submitted for industry recognition. The achievement of 250,000 hours with no LTI and a RIFR of Zero in this period.
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- Access (Basic)
- Visio (Intermediate)
- OneNote (Basic)