Empowering the flow of the world's talent and creating a world that works!
* Over 10 years professional experience in the field of Human Resources and Continuous Improvement in both high growth and restructuring environments including Mining, Utilities, and Engineering ; * Special expertise in the analysis of people systems and processes to enable efficiencies that support strategic business objectives ; * Experienced in the development of metrics and reporting tools to support operational requirements and improvement initiativesMore
- Nurturing existing customer relationships to continually optimise their talent communities
- Project management of the implementation of new talent communities
- Identifying and building relationships with prospective LiveHire customers
- Developed a Talent Community Framework for Ertech Group
- This role supports the Human Resources function by analysing existing systems, processes and structures to identify deficiencies and make recommendations for the delivery of operational efficiency improvements
- Performed a benchmark review and analysis of the Human Resources organisational structure and made recommendations for a streamlined operating structure
- Reviewed the end-to-end recruitment model and supporting team structure and made recommendations for: o A revised recruitment operating model and team structure; o Streamlined processes and supporting infrastructure; and, o Enhanced performance measurement and reporting tools to support the changes
- This role supports the recruitment function on a tactical level and has accountability for:
- Leadership of a small team of Specialists;
- Performance reporting and data analysis;
- Identification and delivery of process and systems improvement projects; and,
- Vendor management
- Conducted a review and analysis of the end-to-end recruitment process and made recommendations for streamlining and automating the recruitment initiation process. This resulted in the elimination of duplication of work, minimised process touch points, contributed to a reduction in mobilisation time and allowed for more focus on value-add work in the front-end of the process
- Established quarterly performance reports for diversity, time to fill/process times, difficult to fill roles, on-hold and cancelled roles
- Developed and implemented key recruitment procedures and work instructions which resulted in improvements to team engagement and productivity due to a standard way of working being established with the teams' input and contribution throughout the process
- Implemented the labour sourcing / advertising strategy and established quarterly report for tracking candidate engagement as an outcome of the e-Zine / EDM communications
- Made recommendations for the review of the BHP Billiton Relocation Policy. Within Iron Ore, reduced overall spend on exception requests and improved the vendor relationship with relocation provider
This role supports the organisation by delivering recruitment performance and process improvement initiatives which ultimately contribute to the `best in class' productivity agenda of the strategic business planMore
- Responsible for ensuring the BHP Billiton Iron Ore business has effective and targeted recruitment strategies, continuous improvement processes and short term labour planning strategies in place to enable delivery of the people pipeline to meet business demands. The role ensures the best strategies are embedded to meet the workforce plan requirements in the most cost efficient and effective way possible whilst partnering with key business stakeholders to implement the improvement initiatives
- Developed a `Strategy on a Page' for the team which improved team engagement and understanding of individual and overall business objectives
- Took the lead in reviewing and implementing the Flight Assistance Policy to the Mt Whaleback /Eastern Ridge mine sites and the Port and Rail Operations which resulted in an improved understanding of the policy and how the Flight Assistance benefit was administered
- Developed and implemented project management framework and tools for the team
- Redesigned and implemented the Graduate Recruitment and Development Process and created the corresponding policy and procedures
- Developed the implementation plan for WA Market Dominance strategy which included investigating the viability of establishing regional FIFO hubs
- Responsible for the delivery of key recruitment improvement projects that focussed on driving the service improvement and change agenda for Recruitment and Talent (R&T) team as part of the transition to the new service delivery model.
- Vacancy Management Improvement Project: Analysed the end-to-end recruitment process and identified barriers and bottlenecks which contributed to increased time-to-fill. The recommended strategies included: simplification of process/systems and development of metrics, reporting and audit tools as well as targeted training and education of the team to address recruiter behaviour
- Designed and implemented the Customer Knowledge Library (Australia/NZ): The library was created to provide a sustainable solution for managing R&T infrastructure which included: tools, templates, process flows and critical business information. A governance process was developed to ensure the appropriate access and change controls were in place. The library was key in establishing and building the knowledge base for the Australia/NZ R&T team.
- Contributed to, and made recommendations for the redesign of the R&T operating model which resulted in process efficiencies and reduction in operational costs
- Responsible for leading a team of up to 24 people including Recruitment Team Leaders, Senior Advisors, Recruitment Advisors and Recruitment Officers
- Managed the delivery of end-to-end recruitment services supporting the Rio Tinto Iron Ore business, comprising of Corporate Functions, Technical Services, Resource Development, Asset Management and Expansion Projects divisions. This role had a strong focus on people, processes, continuous improvement and systems as well as leading and managing change
- Developed the leadership capability of 2 x newly promoted Team Leaders
- Coached the team in the utilisation of strategic sourcing channels and methods to encourage effective Talent Management and Talent pipelining resulting in the development of quality talent pools in Project
- Successfully restructured the team and portfolio split to align with changing business needs resulting in minimal impact to service delivery and improvements to the customer experience
- Successfully facilitated and implemented Lean training to Lean Champions and Leaders to improve knowledge, awareness and drive good behaviours around continuous improvement
- Delivered ongoing improvements to Taleo data integrity and compliance through training sessions, coaching and metric design
- Responsible for leading, motivating and developing a team of Recruitment professionals for the delivery of centralised, end-to-end recruitment activities across the Rio Tinto Iron Ore business
- Improved time-to-fill and service delivery in the Resource Development and Technical Service portfolios through the development of talent pools for `hard to fill' disciplines
- Achieved highest Taleo compliance across the West Coast team
- Delivered continuous improvement initiatives utilising Lean methodology.
- Designed and implemented a Team Charter which improvement employee engagement
- Built collaborative working relationships with the wider R&T team by taking the lead in arranging structured fortnightly meetings
- Utilised Taleo reports and data analysis to inform and influence Hiring Leaders on recruitment and customer performance
- Designed and implemented the `RTIO Knowledge Library'
- Responsible for the provision of cost effective sourcing and recruitment activities in the delivery of end-to-end recruitment services for the Iron Ore business comprising of rail and port operations. The focus of the role was on the provision of quality recruitment services through effective business partnering and collaboration with the wider recruitment team whilst working within agreed SLA timeframes
- Implemented the new end-to-end recruitment model to rail and port operations
- Reduced agency spend having made 100% direct hires in Q3 and Q4 of 2008 Improved and maintained a solid working relationship with the rail operations team which had traditionally been a challenging portfolio. Spent 3 weeks onsite assisting HR team and building relationships with Hiring Leads, took part in HR Planning day to understand their future requirements, upcoming projects and challenges for the year ahead
- Improved and maintained a solid working relationship with the rail operations team which had traditionally been a challenging portfolio. Spent 3 weeks onsite assisting HR team and building relationships with Hiring Leads, took part in HR Planning day to understand their future requirements, upcoming projects and challenges for the year ahead
- Reduced agency spend having made 100% direct hires in Q3
- Improved and maintained a solid working relationship with the rail operations team which had traditionally been a challenging portfolio.
- Utilised networks, talent management, referrals and innovative sourcing strategies to reduce time-to-fill for rail operations
- Responsible for the management and delivery of end-to-end recruitment services to the Buildings and Property, Infrastructure and WA Management business units, including proactive sourcing, talent pipelining, recruitment reporting and vendor management.
- Partnered with the Infrastructure Business unit to develop a fortnightly meeting focused on the departments workforce requirements and proactively plan strategies for future recruitment requirements
- Managed the Graduate Recruitment process for the Mining and Metals portfolio in addition to assigned portfolio
- Developed a robust attraction and sourcing strategy to reduce agency spend and build engineering talent pipelines for the Infrastructure, Buildings and Property and Management (Corporate) portfolios
- Ran a successful campaign in South Africa for Civil, Structural and Building Services Engineers. This strategy consisted of targeted on-line sourcing/advertising channels, partnering with local industry experts and agencies, targeted database search, referrals, career fairs and Boolean web searches
- Worked alongside the Group Human Resources Manager and supported the business across all facets of Human Resources including: recruitment, selection and on-boarding; case management (disciplinary and grievances); remuneration and benefits administration; performance management; training coordination; workers' compensation administration; vendor management and HR Reporting.
- Designed and coordinated the company newsletter 'Inside Edition'
- Designed and developed the Staff Discount card
- Managed and implemented the online ACCC (Trade Practices) Compliance Training Program
- Assisted Group HR Manager during the Burson Automotive acquisition in the preparation of redundancies
- Responsible for the delivery of professional recruitment services (permanent and temporary) to a diverse client base across Western Australia, the role also was responsible for sourcing and acquiring new business whilst managing the existing client accounts and the day to day management/operations of the Perth office.
Education and Qualifications
GradCertHRM Diploma of ManagementMore
|2013||Communicating Strategy||STS (BHP Billiton Leadership Academy)||No|
|2013||Leading Change||STS (BHP Billiton Leadership Academy)||No|
|2013||Graduate Certificate of Business (Human Resource Management)||Graduate Certificate||Edith Cowan University||Yes|
|2012||Building Business Acumen (Talent Advisor Leadership Academy)||Corporate Leadership Council (CEB)||No|
|2011||Mining for Non Miners||Runge Professional Development||Yes|
|2011||TLIC107C - Drive Vehicles||RAC Driving Centre||Yes|
|2010||Diploma OF Management||Diploma||Careers Australia Institute of Training||Yes|
|2008||Targeted Selection and Behavioural Interviewing||DDI||No|
|2007||Advanced Project Management||Australian Institute of Management||No|
|2007||Foundations of Project Management||Australian Institute of Management||No|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- SAP (Basic)