results driven purchasing specialist with a manufacturing background, sound knowledge of purchasing/ warehousing functions.
Purchasing / Procurement / Operations Manager Accomplished manager with many years of success in fast-paced companies. Consistently lowers expenses, raises efficiency and productivity, and drives system-wide improvements. Skilled at procurement, production, warehousing, and business operations. Combines business acumen with entrepreneurship. Areas of Expertise Logistics Strategic Planning Change Management Delivery Coordination Multitasking Contract Negotiations Inventory Management Staff Training & Management Supply Chains Driving Efficiency Relationship Building Transportation Troubleshooting Leadership Warehousing & Distribution Lean Principles SAP Budget Management Stakeholder Relations Problem Solving Conflict Resolution Professional Experience Oversee all aspects of daily operations: planning, production, procurement of materials and services, warehousing, inventory management, stock control, distribution, shipping, housekeeping, and recordkeeping. Assemble, train, supervise, and evaluate teams with up to 30 direct reports. Evolve cooperative, productive relations with unions. Coordinate operations with functional teams throughout complex organizations. Establish and maintain productive relations with suppliers and stakeholders. Resolve issues with suppliers concerning quality, prices, and delivery. Negotiate contracts, minimizing prices and developing favorable terms and conditions. Ensure that deliveries made on time and at minimal cost. Procure, service, and manage fleets of as many as 40 vehicles. Coordinate local and interstate transportation. PURCHASING OFFICER, Central Cleaning Supplies (cleaning goods), West Melbourne, VIC 12/2013 – 11/2014 Improved the overall purchasing production function, inventory turnover, and internal communications.More
- Purchasing, Inventory
- Reduced suppliers, improved costs and reduced inventory
To improve inventory turnover, supplier negotiation, supplier relationships, implement supplier contracts, improve internal communication from purchasing and overall improve the purchasing function. Resigned from this role.More
- purchasing, inventory control
Improved the overall purchasing production function, inventory turnover, and internal communications.More
(made redundant due to downturn in the building industry) Promoted to Operations Manager and relocated to Metroll's Preston branch.More
Duties included: Improving night shift loaders productivity and quality of loading to minimize transit damage. Installing and mentoring the night shift supervisor in all duties associated with being a supervisor. Monitoring drivers upon their return and any assistance associated with vehicles that may be required. Ensuring that drivers were following procedures and returning all paperwork, photos of deliveries etc. Direct Reports: 10 Loaders and 12 drivers.More
- Purchasing, inventory control, warehousing & distribution.
(made redundant due to global downturn in agricultural product sales) , this will change as the systems are improved.More
- 7 in Stores ( 1 stores manager, 1 quality engineer, 5 store men) ;
- 1 Shipping manager
- Major Achievements
- Set up supplier management system
- Set up supplier contracts
- Set up terms and Conditions ;
- Built supplier relationships with key suppliers ;
- Established standard work procedures for all areas ;
- Involved in the move and set up of the stores to new facility
- Significantly improved the operations and affectivity of all three areas.
- Purchasing required the tie up from the supplier to the customer. This involved improving the supplier relationships, and purchasing working much more closely with production planning and the sales team so that purchasing were able to ensure that forecasts were up to date and the suppliers delivered as required. Communication to all parties was improved.
- Implemented and was involved in global negotiations to achieve an 8% cost avoidance on a $1.2M spend.
(Due to current economic conditions made redundant) Took on the role in charge of purchasing, shipping and stores operations. Direct reports were: 3 in Purchasing (1 purchasing manager & 2 purchasing officers)More
to assist in implementing a supplier management system. Also asked to assist in other areas,eg: freight forwarding tender. Then made permanentMore
to assist in setting up a supply chain for a new manufacturing facility in Germany. The product was still in development, and the project was being delayed constantly.More
- Centralized purchasing back to Melbourne head office for all branches in Australia & New Zealand. This achieved rationalization of suppliers, cost savings and other administrative efficiencies.
- To improve and form strategic alliances with major suppliers.
- Providing commercial support to the product development department to ensure that new projects are on budget.
- Ensure that the company inventory policy is adhered to with purchasing assisting by expediting & de-expediting in a timely manner.
- Managing the daily and long term tasks and planning for a team of:
- 4 purchasing officers.
- 3 stores operatives.
- 1 Inwards goods co-ordinator.
- Ensure everything coming onto the site has all correct documentation.
- And data entry is completed in a timely and correct manner.
- Responsible for the operation of the kanban system via the inwards goods area.
- Training of the purchasing staff.
- Mentoring of staff reporting to me.
- Major achievements:
- Negotiated ongoing motor pricing for a project worth in excess of $6M. for
- Negotiated cost downs in the areas of freight forwarding, stationery and other
- Tender process.
- Reducing the number of suppliers.
- Service, quality and cost comparison.
Responsible for cost effective, timely delivery of goods and services. (DIFOT)More
- Negotiated with key suppliers, to reduce purchase costs, or to establish a 6 to 12 month fixed price for raw materials. Resulted in an average cost savings of 10% for raw materials and also established long term supplier relationships.
- In the role of purchasing officer, I was again assigned the additional responsibility of managing the Raw Material Store daily operations.
- Developed the bearings tender specification, analysed the responses, selected the winning tender over a 5 week period, which resulted in a 23% per annum saving.
- Managed the change over and implementation of the bearings contract new supplier, resulting in reduced inventory holdings and improved service to engineers.
- Managed the Supply of Raw Materials and Packaging at 3 locations throughout Victoria.
- Reviewed costs of purchasing contracts, project managed contracts with suppliers and negotiated new contracts through analysis of pricing and suppliers, leading to maximised savings to Nylex.
Manufacturer of industrial & domestic hoses, and automotive and furniture vinyl. Responsible for cost effective purchasing of raw materials and services, and developing long term relationships with suppliers.More
- Mapping out processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assisted with implementation of changes in processes.
Manufacturer of industrial & domestic hoses, and automotive and furniture vinyl. Assigned to project team, working on a restructuring program for Nylex under the guidance of consultants from Proudfoot. This involved analysing how things were being done currently with the view to improving procedures, processes and productivity.More
- Improved internal communication between the main players, customer service, production and the warehouse.
- Improved turnaround time of loading trucks, both local and interstate.
- Improved picking accuracy.
Manufacturer of industrial & domestic hoses, and automotive and furniture vinyl. This position involved supervising 25 storemen and 5 administrative staff. Duties included receiving and despatch. Organizing local and interstate transport. Liaising with the union to resolves issues as they arose. Housekeeping and other daily operational duties.More
- Improved productivity, estimated 15%, and reduced overtime costs by over 90%, at the raw materials store (RMS) over a 6 month period by:
- Analysing the day to day operations with management, staff and union.
- Producing a written implementation strategy and verbally presenting to management.
- Implementing the improvement strategies. ;
- Implement new bar coding cycle counting system. ;
- Optimised inventory stockholdings and management of warehousing operations including resources, storage, layout and effectiveness of recording systems.
Manufacturer of industrial & domestic hoses, and automotive and furniture vinyl.More
- Victorian Branch Services Co-ordinator / Operations Manager
Responsible for Drivers, storemen, customer service. Duties also included purchasing, inventory control, stock rotation.More
- Negotiating contracts for the purchase and supply of raw materials. ;
- Negotiated custom reprocessing contracts. ;
- Purchase of machinery and spares from overseas ;
- Employed 15 full-time and 5 casual staff.
- Training of staff in different operations.
- Sold my share of the business after nine years.
own plastics recycling business. Set up and ran a profitable business with a turnover of $1M per annum.More
Education and Qualifications
|2005||Graduate Diploma - Logistics||Graduate Diploma||Monash University||No|
- Excel (Intermediate)
- SAP (Intermediate)