Analytical-minded, international experience, diverse industry knowledge, creative-lateral thinker, problem solver, hands-on and confident.
Established and co-managed a small business representing an East-coast manufacturer of after market automotive products. Managed a portfolio of short & medium term contracts sourcing & delivering bulk and containerised minerals, chemicals and specialised materials across countries - for a multinational organisation. Managed the marketing & export sales of a large seafood processor distributing to Asia and USA, by sea and air, live and frozen product, across numerous regions and channels. Established a management consultancy specialising in SME & NFP & Government organisations working within regional Western Australia; decision support & independent reviews & strategy based projects; extending across agri-business, tourism, hospitality & pastoral.More
- Project management. Contracts, Coordination & Supervision, Client Relations & Project Delivery.
- Business research & analysis. Statistics. Cost-Benefit. Financial review & projections. Demand-Supply forecasting.
- Consultation. Facilitating surveys, interviews, forums & workshops.
- Reporting. Preparing draft findings, Responding to reviews/feedback & finalising reports to client.
- Marketing & business development. Networking. Tendering. Cold calling. Services promotion.
- 200+ consulting projects successfully completed.
- Network of specialist advisers established to deliver technical, analytical & scientific projects.
Practicing as a business and management consultant since 1996 Peter has project managed and facilitated over 200 assignments in agribusiness, seafood, retailing, hospitality and tourism including marketing plans, feasibility studies, business and strategic plans, strategic audits, improvement programs, survey research, business cases and cost-benefit studies. Peter has worked with SME's, not-for-profit organisations and government agencies at board and executive levels. As a consultant, Peter is adept at working alongside business owners, executives, Board members and stakeholders bringing specialist management qualifications and practical business experience to assist with analytical reports, reviews, improvements, audits-diagnostics, planning, research, governance and communication. With eighteen years experience as a business consultant Peter has developed considerable expertise in managing projects, budgets, contracts, (virtual) teams, client relations, communication and project deliverables. Peter has managed consultancy assignments ranging in value from $40,000 to $500,000, in urban and rural (including remote) areas, and extending across economic, social and environmental spheres.More
- Marketing communications; hospitality; customer service;
- Upgraded magazine to members; refurbishment of restaurant & alfresco area; member surveys
Lecturer, Applied Tourism Analysis, Edith Cowan UniversityMore
- Business development.
- Member services.
- Member events, family business tools/aids, research insights
Lecturer, Consumer Behaviour & Business Marketing; South Metro TAFEMore
- Managing export sales of live & frozen lobster
- Managing international marketing & client relations
- Managing trade finance, sea & air logistics, customs & quarantine obligations
- Managing administrative team preparing documentation & obligatory reporting / approvals.
- Live lobster facility in & sales channel across Beijing.
- New distribution routes into Japan (via under-utilised airlines & safe transit points)
- Re-branding 'white' lobsters as 'coral' to grow sales in key Asian markets
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) & Master of Management (UWA)More
|1981||Certificate in Seamanship||Other||Fremantle Maritime College||No|