I have over 10 years’ practical experience as a Health and Safety professional in the mining, construction and military industries.
I am a well organised, efficient and highly experienced workplace safety professional, I look forward to securing a challenging role, where I have the opportunity to work with team members to design the most effective safety standards, whilst overseeing and implementing the effective implementation of the company systems. Offering my 100% flexibility and commitment, I am available to work various shifts including FI/FO having demonstrated a track record as a results-orientated, motivated leader with the ability to meet goals and objectives.More
- Developed the Safety Management system to meet the requirements of Australian Standard 4801. Approve all hazardous substances that arrives on site and ensure an adequate risk assessment has been completed. Facilitate high level risk assessments to ensure proactive solutions in reducing the risk association in construction work on a mine site. Coach and mentor 2 HSET Advisors who reported directly to myself
- Fulfil the role as the Acting Project Manager while the Project Manager is away from site. Represented MCA engineering on weekly meetings reporting the progress of works, variations, delay to works
- Ensure the company meets the clients Health, Safety, Environmental and community requirements.
- Development of safety procedures to align with the clients Safety Management Plan, NSW Mining legislation and codes of practice.
- Providing Safety leadership to senior management and employee’s. Comply SHET weekly and monthly reports in accordance with contractual requirements which also included human resourcing, industrial relations and personnel movement. Manage the Safety interface between the client and MCA being the main point of contact for the client.
- Gained approval from the client to work a non-standard roster in accordance with their Fatigue Management requirements. This included adding additional controls that excess standard practise on the mining industry. No reportable and notifiable incidents on the project. Developed the Safety Management system for the project
- Supervise and mentor up to 17 protection officers (Safety Officers) and support at management level
- Provide logical and productive safety solutions advice to senior management to ensuring a safer working environment.
- Developed and implemented the Safety Corrective Actions Register for the project.
- Manage conflicts onsite to maintain professionalism and ensuring maximum productivity while maintaining high safety standards in accordance with legislation and site safety management plan.
- Carry out audits in the field on Safe Work Method Statements, Work Method Statements, Relevant permits to ensure that all the conditions are being met in accordance with the documentation.
- Developed the Safety Management System for the Greenfield’s project.
- Completed daily, weekly and monthly HSEQ reports
- Provided Safety leadership and fulfil the Safety Superintendents duties whilst offsite.
- Developed and maintain site specific procedures, Training resources and training assessment material.
- Conducted incident investigations and assigned corrective actions to management to control the work hazards.
- Successfully developed rapport with members of the crews, supervisors and managements leading to an increased morale amongst the team.
- Fulfilled the Safety Superintendent position whilst he is away from site and manage a team of 10 safety professionals.
- Acted as Emergency Duties Officer resulting in full responsibility of the mining operations after business hours.
- Reviewed contractors’ procedures and map to North Queensland Xstrata Sustainable Development system.
- Conducted trend analysis of incidents and advised senior management on incident reduction of at the mine.
- Advised the Underground Mine Manager on maintaining legislative requirements, and organisational requirements.
- Facilitated high level Risk Assessments for underground and surface projects.
- Conducted workplace observations and workplace inspections in the field and underground environment.
- Led a team of professionals for a Operational Integrity & Work Environment on the independent audit of George Fisher Mine Safety Management Plan and achieved outstanding feedback ; increased the previous score from 41% to 78%.
- Conducted daily safety Inspections & developed a behavioural Observation package and successfully rolled across various sites.
- Conducted research of the effects that natural disasters could affect our people, assets, operations and other key elements of corporate interests.
- Chaired monthly Health and Safety meeting; Felicitated Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis.
- Weekly monitoring of ventilation to ensure compliance with tunnelling code of Practice.
- Maintained a strong knowledge of various legislations on each operation in Queensland’s, Western Australia and PNG.
- Ensured the Integrated Management Plan complies with relevant Legislation & Australian Standards, via audits and regular reviews.
- Conducted monthly inspections at the site location and raise corrective actions to the responsible managers
- Developed and implemented Training Assessment Modules in line with relevant competencies.
- Visited site operations to coordinate new equipment required for the operations to ensure the companies meet all of the clients and legislative requirements.
- Acted as Rehabilitation Coordinator for Queensland for all staff with lost time injury and Medical treated injuries.
- Increased the company’s training compliance from 41% to 92%.
- Developed and implemented Safe management systems including civil construction, mining and quarrying.
- Successfully lead and manage a team of 6 safety and training personnel and developed their skills.
- Liaise with clients to ensure we meet our contractual and HSSE obligations and compliance with relevant legislations
- Ensured appropriate waste disposal and organised recycling of used goods for monetary values.
- Suggested safety improvements and ways to further minimise risk of injury or impact on the environment.
- Developed a safety culture and reduced the LTI and MTI frequency rates by over 45%.
- Fillfulled the role of the Unit Safety Coordinator during my years of services
- Australian Service Medal
Education and Qualifications
|2015||Fire Safety Adviser||QLD Fire and Emergency Service||No|
|2012||Dip Occupational Health and Safety||Diploma||HBA||No|
|2009||Working at Heights||Krause Health and Safety||No|
|2009||QSM 1,2,3||Onsite Training||No|
|2007||Training and Assessment||Certificate IV||J&N Training||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|2008||Multi Combination||QLD Government||No|
|2005||Dogman||Royal Australian Air Force||No|
|2005||CN Non Slewing Crane||Royal Australian Air Force||No|
Achievements and Awards
Laing O'Rouke -Safety Contributer of the month
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Ellipse (Advanced)