I have been doing field service work for 9 yrs and flying myself to WA for 4 yrs FIFO.
- Service, faultfind, repair and breakdown maintenance on Euro4 & 5 scania trucks, old and new Hino trucks, Unic, Ferrari, Fassi & Hiab cranes, lighttowers, gensets, Landcruiser & hilux utes, wireline & eline units & pump equipment
- Mentoring mechanics and passing on knowledge gained in previous workplaces
As a maintenance mechanic at SGS we needed to diagnose problems with field equipment or vehicles, find parts, obtain quotes for parts and pass quotes to the supervisors for ordering. Leave detailed notes for oncoming shifts about repairs needed and parts ordered, then make running repairs if possible to keep machinary functioningMore
- Routine service & maintenance, breakdown repairs on CAT Dozers, diggers, graders and loaders + Komatsu diggers
- Use Cat SIS & ET, order parts/ service kits. On time servicing & accurate record keeping.
- Routine servicing & maintenance on Cat dozers, diggers, graders, loaders and auxiliary equipment.
- Use Cat SIS & ET, order parts and service kits, on time servicing & on line maintenance record data entry
- Servicing, breakdowns & workshop job allocations, parts ordering, data entry & customer service
- Efficient Breakdown coordination, on time safety checks, supervising apprentices
Education and Qualifications
I have had no formal training but am competant with Cat ET & SIS, and Scania parts and diagnostic systems, I am confident with most basic computer operating systems and willing to learn. I am willing to undertake any extra training as may be required by any employer.More
|1986||Fitter and Turner||Trade Certificate||Department of Defence||Yes|
|-||Working at Heights||No|
|-||Senior First Aid or Workplace Level 2||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||Non-Slewing Mobile Cranes (Greater than 3 tonnes cap)||No|
|-||Vehicle Loading Cranes||No|
|-||SMAW Welding - Basic||No|
Achievements and Awards
I have always prided myself on being punctual, giving 110%, being flexible and having the ability to learn quickly and adjust to workplace demands to suit my employers operational requirements. I have a current senior 1st Aid certificate, HC licence, EWP, forklift and CV/CN crane ticket.