I may work as a senior geologist and geoscientist in the specified branches , lecturer, and as a Spanish-English interpreter in geology.
I am a geoscientist with twenty-four years of experience who is seeking a job based in Australia, where I now reside. I have worked on topics related to Mineralogy and Crystallography, Structural Geology, Metamorphic rocks, Tectonics (meso, macro and microscale), and Field Geology. In the last 10 years, I worked mainly on the structures and geodynamic evolution of poly-deformed terranes, combining Structural Geology, Mineralogy, Petrology and Geochemistry. I have also previously worked in Environmental geology. The last eleven years of my career was as a university lecturer in the following subjects: Mineralogy and Crystallography, Optical Mineralogy, and Metamorphic Petrology. I carried out field exercises utilizing these disciplines and actively guided students of the first and second year of their Geology careers in the use of the compass, map reading and rock identification in the field. I acted as a leader of field exercises on Regional geology and Geological mapping. In addition, I have supervised several diploma students and I am still supervising MSc thesis students at the University of Pinar del Rio and Mining companies in Cuba.More
- Petrology and tectonic- magmatic environment of the mafic vulcanites, diabases, and gabbros in the Havana-Matanzas region, western Cuba.
- Composition of lavas, diabases, gabbros and plagiogranites according to major and trace elements components.
- The geodynamic model of the ophiolite formation. ;
- Discrimination between magmatic suites belong the Cretaceous arc and the ophiolites. ;
Head of the Geological Museum (11 years), and part time Head of the Geology Department (2 years).More
- Tectonometamophic evolution of the Escambray metamorphic complex, Central Cuba. Structure, metamorphism and P-T evolution of the Escambray complex. ;
- Data entry. Configuration of data base in Microsoft. Data base management. Map configuration and report writing.
- Joined the Geology Department at the University of Pinar del Rio, Cuba as a lecturer of Mineralogy and Crystallography- staff member and researcher. ;
Project. Geological data base of cement deposits in Sancti Spiritus province, Central Cuba.More
Position held: Leader of several geology projects (10 years) and Head of Hydrogeology and Environmental studies Department (5 years). Joint International Research projects ,More
- Analysis of environmental problems related to drainage, waste disposal, acid drainage, erosion, biologic degradation of surface water and pollution sources. Mitigation plans and environmental monitoring.
- Waste disposal. Pollution in sea water. Dispersion and migration of chemical elements in sea water. Mitigation plans and environmental monitoring. ;
- Mapping of regional structures, tectonics. Field checking. Discrimination of prospective areas for non-metallic minerals. ;
- Photo-interpretation for environmental studies: land use, devastated areas, drainage. Acid mine drainage analysis and monitoring. Study of landslides.
- Mapping of structural sections and regional structures. ;
- Microstructural and microtectonic analysis in low- to high-grade metamorphic rocks.
- Photo-interpretation for structural and geological mapping at scale 1:50 000.
- Metamorphic petrology of low- to medium-grade rocks. Cleavages associated with deformation phases. Isograd mapping in a metamorphic aureole around the Ronda peridotite massif, south Spain.
- Structural mapping in low-grade metamorphic terrain, Eifel, Germany. Analysis of deformation phases, style of folding. Cleavage analysis. ;
Geological and structural studies in an area of Alpine peridotites and associated metamorphic rocks, Ronda Málaga region, Pujerra area, south Spain.More
- Analysis, processing and interpretation of geological information in Central Cuba. ;
- Stratigraphy of Neogene basins in Central Cuba. ;
- Data processing and map configuration (structural and tectonic maps) of northern, Central Cuba. ;
Education and Qualifications
|2012||post doctorate||Other||Curtin University of Technology||Yes|
|2010||Doctor in Sciencies||Doctorate Degree||University of Pinar del Rio||Yes|
|1995||Master of Science - Geological Survey||Master's Degree||International Institute for Aerospace Survey and Earth Sciences||Yes|
|1991||bachelor degree in Geology||Bachelor Degree||University of Pinar del Rio||Yes|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Acrobat Pro (Intermediate)
- Photoshop Pro (Intermediate)