Highly skilled accounting professional
Skilled accounting professional with strong background in general accounting, accounts reconciliation, investigation/audit, credit management, work safety and system administration after gaining a variety of roles in Airlines, Oil & Gas, Government & Finance throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines. An associate member of CPA-Australia, and currently, working towards obtaining a full CPA-Australia qualification. An advanced user of Excel and Word and can create a variety of automated schedules and reports to facilitate business processes.More
- Responsible in high volume account settlement using secure online payment solutions, and ensures that trust funds are maintained and reconciled daily and issues are investigated on timely manner
Use Oracle, Highlander, various bank interface platform and Excel as tools to record, reconcile, adjust records, refund, process chargebacks and settle funds with clients.More
- Responsible in providing high level daily reconciliation, investigation and analysis work and perform detailed operator reconciliations concerning Go card users. Also responsible in investigating, analysing any discrepancies from the daily clearing house reconciliation, including matching of relevant accounts on debtors, creditors and cash clearing. Process manual adjustment in the CODA system and follow up Operators for any noted exceptions in the daily drivers transaction
Use CODA financial system, Nextfare, Hummingbird, Outlook and Excel as tools to reconcile, communicate and to raise adjusting journal.More
- Responsible in ensuring that ground handling, landing, terminal, security and other flight charges are verified and reconciled with the flight data record in terms of number of passengers, flight numbers and agreed costs prior to raising purchase order against suppliers' billings. Investigate and resolve variances, and allocate short payment against billings don't match up. Provide correct coding for charges for ground operations/ports/customer service departments across companies. Request detailed support for charges from vendors where invoices lack such. Review expense accruals ensuring that charges are tracked and Cost Accountant is informed accordingly. Follow up outstanding actions and issues with staff and suppliers
Use Oracle financial system, Access, Outlook and Excel as tools to reconcile billing and to raise purchase order.More
- Responsible in high volume reconciliation of fuel stocks at depot, fuel point, terminals, in-transit and direct ship locations at daily, weekly and monthly basis to the balance with ledger inventory accounts, covering purchases and inbound deliveries, outgoing transactions on pumps, card terminal and bulk deliveries. Provided analysis and investigated variances to correct the under/overstatement of inventory record
- Successfully reconciled the complex and unreconciled blended product inventories
- Identified the intermittent discrepancies between Navision and Terminal Management System output.
- Developed reconciliation templates for newly acquired sites by the company
Used Navision financial system, Excel and Outlook to carry out the reconciliation and reporting processes. Key AchievementsMore
- Served as system administrator for Risk Manager (an assurance tool for collecting and interpreting data on incident and contractors' performance), and responsible in providing training across the organisation on the use of the system, and to provide administrative support to Health and Safety Specialists in managing risk around terminals, ship vessel, retail sites, road transport and other businesses line to ensure compliance with the legislation, standards and company policies.
- Successfully maintained a robust document library that users efficiently accessed to get through to policies, procedures, training manuals, guidelines and other reports
- Successfully involved in the configuration of the online incident management system
- Excelled in championing customers by attending to their requirements for the more efficient way of using the incident and contractor management system and other records
Used MS Access, SQL Report Builder, Web-based database, SharePoint, Excel, Outlook and Word to develop, provide and monitor health and work safety performances, document management and reporting processes.More
- Responsible in completing fuel stock reconciliation for retail sites and discussed outcome to Engineering and Environmental team to ensure compliance with the environmental safety. Also, on daily basis, worked with logistics and retail sites to thresh out any substantial variances on wet stock ensuring site processes were in accordance with proper wet stock management.
- Produced monthly key performance report within agreed timeline, which served for Environmental team to produce meaningful strategic actions.
- Endorsed several sites to Environmental and Engineering team for a Product Loss Investigation to resolve leaking issue
Used JDE, Excel and Outlook to reconcile fuels and to provide reportsMore
- Responsible in providing assurance by independently reviewing and appraising the efficiency, economy and effectiveness of departmental systems and outputs, including policies, practices, programmes, operations, controls and activities, by offering constructive and timely advice, and by promoting and monitoring departmental self-review, risk management and compliance programmes
- Successfully conducted financial and system review on Contract Management, Otago Corrections Facility, Auckland Community Probation and Psychological Services, and Assets and Property Management that led to the identification of weaknesses in the processes relating to voucher payments, maintenance of fixed assets register and contract management;
- Provided gap analysis report on best practices for Procurement and Contract Management as a guide to Contract Management Audit.
- Provided key information for the investigation of erring staff in the anomalous transaction
Used SAP, Excel and Word to extract, manipulate, investigate and report work outcome.More
- Responsible in maintaining and delivering accurate funds reconciliation's and advise outcome to Account Manager on monthly basis for information and action. Assist in the processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, document management using TRIM and other miscellaneous tasks
- Raised invoices and efficiently undertook monthly review of clients fund reports that led to recovery of additional trustee fees
- Provided high quality customer service thru prompt payment of claims (retirement village, trust accounts withdrawal and reimbursement of expenditures) that contributed goodwill for the company
- Successfully provided quality management reports to General Manager about revenue and expenditure trends that were used for strategic monthly planning for the team
- Successfully liaised with external auditors in providing required information
Used JDE, Excel, Word, TRIM and Outlook to complete work performanceMore
- Led an examination team in adhering to the examination standards, systems and procedures which resulted to efficient and effective conduct of examination procedure and identification of banks with financial and operational deficiencies
- Successfully identified banks with risk exposure in lending, assets management, liquidity, capital adequacy, profitability, and in breached of banking rules and regulations that led to the issuance of corrective/remedial actions and the eventual improvement of its operations
- Efficiently developed a financial model that assisted in processing banks with financial assistance request;
- Identified banks not eligible for financial assistance package that had saved PDIC millions of funds
- Responsible in conducting review of banks financial operation and condition, and ensuring that operation is in compliance with banking rules and regulations, and acceptable level of risk exposures. Responsible, also, in evaluating bank’s requests for financial assistance, rehabilitation and merger application, and recommended improvement in the banking processes, particularly in lending and credit management.
- Assisted in the conduct of reviewing banks financial operation and condition, and ensuring that operation is in compliance with banking rules and regulations, and acceptable level of risk exposures
Education and Qualifications
A Certified Public Accountant from the Philippines and currently converting my qualification into CPA-AustraliaMore
|1989||Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Accounting||Bachelor Degree||Philippine School of Business Administration||No|
- Power Point (Basic)
- Word, Excel (Advanced)
- SAP (Basic)
- Coda (Basic)
- Oracle (Intermediate)
- Navision (Intermediate)