Team and consensus builder across multiple stakeholder groups. Broad public and private sector experience.
- Executive advice on business strategies and project governance best practice.
- Internet infrastructure across three levels of government and the private sector. Expert witness in litigation.
Undertook several studies for NSW and Federal governments on topics as diverse as Health and Aged Care and broadband strategy for regional Australia. Demonstrated the ability to achieve collaboration amongst diverse stakeholdersMore
- IT strategy and Implmentation
- Developed state Health IT strategy. Achieved consensus across Area Health Services to collaborate on procurement.
- Management of all aspects of industry association deploying electronic commerce across the general insurance sector
- Achieved industry consensus on standards and solutions for broker/insurer collaboration.
Achieved collaboration amongst diverse stakeholders for the development of a major web-based industry application and deployed it on the nation's largest virtual private networkMore
- Design, source and PM new solutions to increase speed and accuracy of statutory reporting or corporate information.
- Reengineered processes to enable resource sharing and cost optimization across national operations.
- Oversaw a program of reforms to all cash management operations across whole of government.
- Implemented e-banking across all aspects of government operations, overcoming structural and cultural impediments.
- Develop and implement/PM IM/IT strategies for a range of retail clients.
- Achieved industry profile for the firm in Canada through successful deployment of leading edge solutions.
- Developed IM/IT and POS strategies for retailers and telecoms service providers.
- Developed a comprehensive billing solution for Canada's first mobile phone company.
- Overall responsibility for all IM/IT functions across the groups diverse retail operations in North America.
- Implemented and managed several ERP solutions and integrated them into retail operations. Pioneered EDI in Canada
- Managed all aspects of ERP design / implementation for a wide range of industries undertaking computerization
- Implemented early ERP solutions, several still in operation.
- Undertook various roles in the first on-line banking project for Canada's largest bank.
- Analysed the manual banking processes for all aspects of retail banking and developed specification for automation.
- Program and support client data centre operations
- Rescued failing project/client for new generation of computer timesharing.
- Undertake major conversion od systems from unit record to computer
- Developed and tested new solutions, migrated data to the new system and reconciled multi-million $ potfolio .
Education and Qualifications
Early computer training at IBM and continuous upgrading during careerMore
|2010||Fellow||Other||Institute of Management Consultants||Yes|
|2002||Mediator||Certificate||Inst. of Arbitration and Mediation||Yes|
|1986||Certified Management Consultant||MBA||Institute of management consultants||Yes|
Reengineered whole of government financial operations, managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including unions and advocacy groups. Managed industry-wide adoption of standardized electronic commerce for the insurance sector. Coordinated Internet infrastructure access across three levels of government and the private sector. Provided expert witness testimony to assist several clients to win contract disputes.
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- Visio (Basic)
- SAP (Basic)