ICT Professional with experience in successfully delivering ICT projects.
Excellent relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders that have been earned through over 13 years of ICT experience progressing from Level 1 support to contract management, enterprise architecture and project managementMore
- Responsible for the implementation of an ICT contract management function within Treasury.
- Identified, analysed, and documented existing ICT contracts and maintenance/support agreements.
- Developed and documented process diagrams outlining both the ongoing performance management and renewal of contracts.
- Provision of feedback into the ongoing performance management process of individual contracts .
- Utilised membership of the Change Advisory Board to ensure that any technical changes had minimal impact on existing maintenance agreements.
- Central point of facilitation for the production of the ICT Work Plan and ICT Baseline using the Queensland Government Chief Information Office (QGCIO) ICT Planning Methodology.
- Extensive engagement with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure correct and consistent information is being collected.
- Preparation of briefing notes on contentious issues.
- Responsible for the first ICT contract register used within Treasury after the documentation.
- Responsible for the analysis of the Application Domain and introducing a reusable Domain Architectural Plan template.
- Provision of architectural analysis, design and advice relating to Council ICT initiatives of high strategic and/or customer impact with particular focus at the application level.
- Analysis of existing stated business strategies and processes to identify opportunities for application rationalisation/
- Chaired Council-wide architecture reference group meetings that were responsible for the compliance with existing architectural standards and ensuring that governance processes were followed.
- Analysis of proposed application concept plans to ensure compliance with architectural standards and the Council’s application lifecycle.
- Preparation of an options paper relating to the replacement of the existing application used to manage the Council’s cemeteries.
- Performed an application technical condition assessment using of a subset of over 1,000 applications in use by Council, resulting in the production of an application rationalisation roadmap to better inform decision making.
- Development of the initial Domain Architecture Plan template which addressed business drivers, service delivery requirements, asset lifecycle requirements & delivery of future ICT initiatives in relation to the desktop environment of Council & has since been used to inform other domains including Personal Productivity, Mobile Devices & Printing.
- Modification of the Council Application enterprise architecture framework to better fit with State Government standards.
- Undertook negotiation and engagement with Government Departments relating to Whole-of-Government reporting guidelines and expectations on behalf of QGCIO.
- Collated and performed initial analysis on Departmental submissions to ensure data integrity and compliance with relevant standards.
This role was a secondment at the request of QGCIO.More
- Analysis of the existing technology environment which identified deficiencies and recommended solutions for improvement.
- Industry and market trends analysis to determine any potential impact on the agency’s existing ICT environment.
- Development of the governance structure for enterprise architecture focussing on compliance with existing standards.
- Identifies departmental requirements that ensured compliance with Whole-of-Government architectural frameworks.
- Oversaw the evaluation and selection of software and hardware product standards.
- Representation of the Department at a Whole-of-Government level at architectural reference groups.
- Gathered, analysed, and provided Departmental feedback to QGCIO with relation to draft policies and guidelines.
- Production of the ICT Remote Access roadmap which was implemented in the department.
- Aided in the development of the *** ICT Strategic Plan which for the first time clearly linked business objectives with technology–this was seen by some business areas as a first step to “breaking down the barriers” between ICT & themselves.
- Completion of the ICT Baseline & QGEA self-assessment tasks using the ICT Planning Methodology, allowing for analysis of the existing ICT environment that informed a technology refresh project that saved costs.
- Responsible for project managing the ICT component of the rollout of the Electronic Documents and Record Management System throughout the Department.
- Development and documentation of the project plan along with new support processes for use within the Branch.
- Management of 3 staff including external contractors.
- Successful preservation of internal relationships between teams within the Branch despite challenging timeframes.
- Preparation of monthly project status reports, technical reports and other ad-hoc reports as required.
- Investigation and implementation of options enabling the rollout of the software to meet both business and technical requirements.
- Influenced decision making between the two major internal ICT stakeholder groups.
- Utilised PRINCE2 methodology to document project artefacts and ensure compliance.
- Successfully delivered the ICT component of the project within the designated timeframes.
- Affected a relatively smooth transition from a disparate record-seeking culture to one where the system now holds over 1.1 million records.
- More job details available
Education and Qualifications
|2008||Business Administration||Graduate Diploma||University of the Sunshine Coast||No|
|2008||Master of Business Administration||MBA||University of the Sunshine Coast||No|
|2007||PRINCE2 Foundation||Certificate||Yellow Hat||No|
|2006||Business Administration||Graduate Certificate||University of the Sunshine Coast||No|
|2006||Citrix Certified Administrator||Certificate||Citrix||No|
|1996||Bachelor of Science||Undergraduate Degree||Griffith University||No|