Obtained experience with development, secondary support, geotechnical hazard mapping, ventilation surveys and subsidence management.
An intelligent and driven student of Mining & Geotechnical Engineering with demonstrated experience in working safely and effectively with industrial vehicles and machinery. Seeking to secure an graduate role with a leading resources company, to learn from experts in mining and geotechnical engineering, project management and to expand my skills and knowledge.More
- Assised with primary and secondary support installation
- Assisted the belt crew with a belt move
- Assisted with installing cogs and timber props
- Delivered a presentation on longwall operations
- Spent a week training with Queensland Mines Rescue Services (QRMS)
- Performed a ventilation survey with the ventilation officer
- Inducted for Rocsil and PUR pumping
This opportunity was a fantastic way to learn about how a coal mine is run. I have learnt a lot regarding short, medium and long term mine planning, choosing cable bolt lengths depending on lithology, learning how uni-di mining works, how longwall moves are conducted, how mine development is affected my major faults and much more.More
- Involved in all aspects of produce farm management and hands-on field work.
- Crop preparation, set-up and inspection of irrigation systems, fertilising and chemical spraying.
- Assisting with forward planning of crop rotations and soil and yield improvements.
- Supervision of contract fruit pickers and labourers including job allocation and hands-on training.
- Implementation and monitoring of industry best practice OHS practices.
- Operation and general maintenance of farm machinery and equipment.
- Development of machinery and equipment maintenance schedules.
- Effectively managed a challenging study schedule alongside employment commitments.
- HR Truck License
During my time with Pinar Produce, I have obtained substantial experience in the small crops industry ranging from ground preparations to crop care.More
Education and Qualifications
Expecting to graduate with Class 2A Honours in December, 2016.More
|2016||Bachelor of Engineering - Mining & Geotechnical Engineering||Honours Degree||University of Queensland||Yes|
|2013||Occupational Health and Safety Construction Induction||WorkSafe WA||No|
|2012||Queensland Certificate of Education||Other||Bundaberg State High School||No|
|2011||Certificate - Information Technology||Certificate||Bundaberg State High School||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|2015||Heavy Rigid (Unrestricted)||Queensland Transport||Yes|
Achievements and Awards
Recreational Pilots License
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- AutoCAD (Intermediate)
- JK Simblast (Basic)
- Powerpoint (Intermediate)
- Project (Advanced)
- Deswik (Advanced)
- GEOVIA WHITTLE (Advanced)
- VENTSIM (Advanced)
- Examine 2D (Advanced)
- Dips (Advanced)
- Cashflow Manager (Basic)