Extensive SAP, Oracle other, advanced excel, variance analysis, management reporting, BAS, FBT, budgets/forecasts, recs, excellent comms.
Since completing my Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1996 I have worked in a number of accountancy related jobs, gaining experience in a variety of diverse organisations, both National and Global. My experience covers all aspects of the accounting process from Accounts payable right through to Management and Board reporting. I have extensive experience of performing the full month end process including producing Management reports, KPI’s, Board reports and extensive variance analysis. I have also worked closely with department heads to produce accurate and achievable budgets and forecasts and my excellent communication skills have allowed me to effectively deal with both finance and non-finance stakeholders. In addition to having over 10 years practical experience using SAP, I also have experience using a number of other large ERP systems and am an advanced Excel user.More
- § All monthly journals, accruals and prepayments for the Group using Oracle.
- § Monthly BAS, FBT, Income and Payroll tax.
- § Bank and Balance sheet reconciliations.
- § Monthly 13 month TB review with Director.
- § Monthly financial review with Parent company.
- § Annual Audit.
- § Fixed asset register and review
- § Oversee Payroll, AP and AR functions.
- § Ad hoc analysis.
- § First point of contact for IT issues.
- § Part of team implementing new JDE system in 2016.
- Coordinated with changeover team for JDE implementation
Delron provides a diverse range of services offering a single point of contact to provide for all cleaning, maintenance, environmental and specialist service requirements.More
- Currently in the fees department, I am responsible for calculating and allocating all fees (from government, domestic fee paying, onshore and offshore fee paying students) to the various faculties.
- Reviewing fortnightly payments from the Department of Education and allocating these funds to the various research areas of the University. ;
- Determining the correct number of EFTSL (equivalent full time student level) and apportioning funds as well as uploading these statistics in their financial system (Finance One).
- Balance sheet reconciliations ;
- Managing and providing guidance to the Assistant Accountant.
- Weekly review of study packages to ensure the correct fees have been associated to them including checking published fees for all commonwealth funded study packages.
- Calculating indicative course fee costs, checking with faculty heads to ensure support of our calculations before passing to the team to get the fees published.
Curtin University is a leading Australian University. With nine campus locations including Perth, Sydney, Malaysia and Singapore, Curtin boasts a rich diversity of cultures and a commitment to international engagement. Position Summary Curtin University is currently undergoing an ambitious programme of reorganisation and required a management accountant in their financial services division who would learn all the accounting aspects of a University to enable them to move from central financial services to the various faculties.More
- Gather correct information from all shareholders affected by the subordinated note issue as the addressee and actual name of the holder was often different which was the reason for the original error.
- Review all information and follow up with each of the shareholders to ensure correct information was obtained and documented.
- Document all finalised information, which would be held in the corporate banking vault.
- All information had to be checked before the notes could be re-issued and the deadline was 3 weeks.
Mirabela Nickel is a nickel producer, operating one of the world's largest open pit nickel sulphide mines, located in Bahia, Brazil. The Company is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (MBN). The Company delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange on 4 October 2013. Position Summary Reporting to Dr Linda Tompkins (Legal Council and Company Secretary), I was tasked with finalising over 70 subordinated notes to be sent to shareholders due to an earlier error which needed to be corrected urgently.More
- Gather all Fixed Asset data including Hire Purchase information from a variety of sources and consolidate into one Excel file
- Review file for missing data - consult insurance contracts, invoices and internal stakeholders to find missing information
- Design Fixed Asset reporting structure to be implemented in Assetpro
- Load all Fixed Assets into Assetpro (manually) ;
- Reconcile Excel file and Assetpro data to Balance Sheet for 3 separate entities
D.J. MacCormick Property Group, a privately owned family company, was formed in 1974. From its beginnings in the civil engineering sector, the company has expanded into residential, industrial, commercial sales & leasing, project management and development analysis. Position Summary Reporting directly to the CFO, the role was a project to gather and consolidate all Fixed Asset information including depreciation schedules, insurance contracts and Hire Purchase agreements in order to manually input to a new system.More
- Weekly sales reports ;
- Weekly product analysis for BGC Cement internal customers ;
- Weekly rolling sales forecasts
- Bi-monthly internal transport recharges ;
- Quality analysis for various imported products ;
- Monthly reports and analysis on equipment hire-out ;
- Monthly milling report and analysis ;
- Gas, electricity and Water usage analysis and recharge calculations ;
- Assistance with budget preparation
- Various ad-hoc analysis as required
- Monthly BAS return
- Analysis of Hire-out data allowed for clarification on actual profit figures and adjustment in hire-out rates to improve profitability.
- Analysis of imported products allowed for improved decision making by the Board on determining best provider.
- Analysis of cost data in preparation for Budget review raised numerous coding issues which could be corrected prior to new Budget creation.
A major supplier of Western Australia's cement needs, BGC Cement supplies the "glue" upon which many residential, commercial and engineering projects are built. BGC Cement has established its position in the WA market by innovatively aligning its products and services to the needs of cement and lime users. Position Summary Initially the role was to cover duties of the Senior Business Analyst while he was away and was then extended to include a number of small analysis projects to determine productivity, efficiency and profitability opportunities. Key Achievements:More
- General office administration and reception duties. ;
- Setting up new customer accounts ;
- Creation and maintenance of Chart of Accounts ;
- Setting up quotes and raising invoices
- Accounts payable
Absolute Glass Products WA stocks the largest range of 10mm and 12mm toughened Grade A safety glass panels for frameless and semi frameless glass pool fencing at the best prices in Australia. Position Summary Assisting the new owner with all aspects of office administration as well as maintaining vendor accounts, invoicing and month end reporting.More
- Prepare all accruals and get approval by day -5, post into GSAP and upload supporting documentation to SAP for auditing purposes.
- Prepare and post all journals requested by cost centre owners.
- Prepare and post CJE's and journals for divested entities to clear balances.
- Data cleansing in preparation for the move to 1SAP. ;
- UAT of 1SAP transactions to ensure smooth transition and to identify any issues.
- Monthly recharges of lease costs, facilities costs and IT costs to other CSG's.
- Complete all month end transactions in GSAP excluding tax within the 2 day deadline.
- Run validation reports to ensure no errors prior to upload to BCS.
- Complete Group checklist with supporting documentation by day 4
- Monthly flash reports to cost centre owners with variance analysis.
- Monthly meetings with cost centre owners to discuss issues and determine quarterly forecast numbers.
- Half year and year end reporting including completing briefing papers with supporting documentation to ensure compliance.
BHP Billiton (SSM) is a global producer and supplier of primary aluminium, alumina, nickel and manganese ore and alloys, with operations on three continents. Position SummaryMore
- Prepare all reporting spreadsheets for the new financial year and ensure numbers reconcile.
- Update reporting spreadsheets to include new projects including current year budget and full 5 year budget for each project.
- Work with PM's to obtain cashflow forecast for current financial year by providing them with costs to date (from SAP) and Purchase order commitment amounts.
- Set up project justification forms for all new projects ensuring that business case figures match with what has been approved. Follow project approval process in order to set up new project codes in SAP following approved guidelines.
- Distribute new project/network codes to all stakeholders.
- Upload budget into monthly report and upload into SAP. ;
- Ensure weekly project status report is updated by PM's in order to report to the Group on status.
- Monthly journals and accruals as requested by PM's and other finance staff.
- Update/change any purchase orders in Maximo
- Project cashflow report ;
- Document all procedures and processes to ensure new starter has clear guidelines on their new role
- Create new wbs codes for each new project including total budget amount
- Created new monthly cost variance reports for Department Heads allowing greater transparency and improved Budgeting and Forecasting.
The DBNGP is WA's key gas transmission pipeline stretching almost 1600 kilometres and linking the gas fields located in the Carnarvon Basin off the Pilbara coast with population centres and industry in the south-west of the State. Position Summary Key Achievements:More
- Ensure month end processes are consistently followed and completed within tight deadlines.
- Provide operational transaction support for IT, and ensure accruals and reversals are made, and recoveries are booked. Ensure IT financial figures are consistent and correct and that correct financial treatment is applied. Prepare monthly IT cost reports for entities in the UK, US and Canada.
- Prepare detailed variance analysis and cost reports including time writing for projects and operational departments.
- Working with SAP team to improve UK timewriting such that contractor costs can clearly be split out from permanent staff thus improving reporting a great deal.
- Ensure timely and accurate submissions of the IT Budget.
- Work with Project managers to produce accurate forecasting of Capex needs, prepare Depreciation schedules and detailed breakdown of IT plan per department and cost category for upload into SAP systems.
- Operate and support the recoveries processes between Trading and other Shell entities relating to IT charges.
- Provide financial advice to IT regarding internal and external Financial Policies/Process and Capex/Opex treatment of expenditure. Provide a focal point for all ad hoc requests for historical and current information relating to IT spend.
- SAP reports - work closely with SAP team to get the best possible reports available. Part of 4 projects to create new reports with added functionality. New wbs report provides correct split between cost centres enabling far better reporting. New cost centre report will allow SAP to combine cost centre and wbs data into one file. This will substantially reduce manual iterations currently performed in excel.
- New billing tool - part of initial group testing new IOL tool, part of Pilot group for final testing before go live.
- Received 3 Service Recognition Awards for excellent contribution to Benchmarking exercise, new Billing Tool implementation and work done with new IT Service providers.
Shell is one of the largest and most experienced energy merchants in the world. We can identify and meet a customer's needs quickly. Our natural positions in energy markets and high equity share of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) give us an unrivalled global position among publically held energy companies. Position Summary Key Achievements:More
- Monthly management accounts for 4 adult magazines (Good Food, Olive, Good Homes and Homes & Antiques. 1 quarterly magazine (Easy Cook).
- Posting of accruals, prepayments and other journals ;
- Variance to forecast & budget analysis & P&L analysis
- Working with publisher to establish sales patterns and aid monthly revenue analysis
- Monthly management meetings with non-finance staff ;
- Monthly board meetings with MD, FD and publishers to review monthly accounts and explain any variances ;
- Quarterly forecasts
- Annual budgets
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Year end audit
- Commentary ;
- Training accounts assistant and other internal staff on new systems and applications. ;
- Scenario work using excel models
- Part of team training all Editorial staff on usage of new SAP add-on functionality to enable copyright data capture.
- Created new report extractions in SAP reducing amount of manual manipulation thus reducing month end timeline by 3 days.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in, commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC around the world, in a way that is consistent with BBC standards and values. Position Summary Key Achievements:More
THE MILL (FACILITY) LTD - Payroll & Pensions Administrator DEUTSCHE BANK - Accounts Payable Officer LONDON CLUBS MANAGEMENT LTD - Payroll OfficerMore
Education and Qualifications
|2010||Qualified Management Accountant||Other||CIMA||No|
|1996||Bachelor of Commerce||Other||University of Port Elizabeth||No|
2 Service recognition awards at Shell for benchmarking and training staff as well as recognition for being part of pre-user testing for new invoice system. 4 promotions at BBC in 5 years due to excellent work and award for training staff on new systems. I've been part of numerous new system implementations and been commended on my ability to work closely with both finance and non-finance stakeholders. High grades for CIMA certification & Bcom.
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- SAP (Advanced)
- myob (Basic)