Prof. Engineer. Mgmt. Review & Dev’t Systems Audit & Dev’t Mgmt. Consultant, Change, Risk & BPI Performance Dev’t Clients: IBM, DFAT, KPMG.
Nature:- I am by nature and by profession an: innovator, possibility thinker, problem solver, innovator and knowledge sharer, continually seeking: understanding, insight, wisdom and a better way of working, living and sharing. Capability Scope:- My capabilities are multidisciplinary, with professional credentials and experience in: Management, Economics, Engineering, Energy, Quality Management Systems and ISO 9001 Audit, Gateway Review, Change Management, Individual & Organizational Performance Enablement, Risk Management, Higher Education and more. Achievements: My achievements listed in my resume demonstrate broad range of technical innovation, managerial and financial achievements. Employment Gap Explained:- I have a gap in my employment record, because in my last role I was diagnosed with metastatic cancer and ceased work to seek treatment and healing. I am now well and well able to return to work, During this time I have been involved in R&D, professional development and volunteering activities.More
The product being commercial hydrogen fuel cells to reduce: mobile and static diesel and petrol engine: fuel consumption, engine wear and maintenance, carbon emissions and operating costs in construction, agricultural, military and marine plant and vehicles including, trucks, generators, excavators, boats, etc. A prototype was fabricated was testing in 2013. A new prototype is now being designed and fabricate to resume testing in 2014.More
Lead Auditor / Assessor for ISO 9001 Quality Certification: Nov. Dec., 2011, I took up a position with Davis Langdon Certification Services my first assignment being to plan, lead and conduct a triennial system reassessment for the recertification of the Defence Infrastructure Branch which completed 1000 projects valued at $1.8 bn in the preceding year. Also other private and government clients, including, consulting engineers, ACT Correctives Services, including, administration, RMC maximum security prison, prisoner transport unit and periodic detention, etc. This involves auditing policies, procedures, practices, records, evidence, etc., of management commitment to and practices compliant with the ISO 9001 Standard.More
Project Managing (also with Davis Langdon) a hi-tec Defence, accommodation block for Royal Military College, Duntroon, ACT. Writing a Corporate Safety Management Plan and Project Management Procedure for the Enterprise Wide Integrated Management Information System, OHS Project/Site Specific Plan Template and Checklists. I also presented a psychological performance-coaching workshop at the Canberra Office.More
recently working through Freelance Global or MetaMind later in this period I worked through Freelance Global. Prior to which I SAI Global Services employed me until it closed its Canberra Office, mid 2000.More
- Acting Risk Manager, co-author and editor of the Risk Management Plan.
- Class 'A' Building Licence Holder for $600 m Programme of Works comprising eight projects.
- Quality Systems Auditor.
- Assistant to the System Manager. ;
- Records Manager and author of the Records Management & Disaster Management Plan.
- Member of the Safety Committee dealing with risks of industrial chlorine leaks and evacuation.
- De facto Approvals Manager for Buildings Approvals and Compliance.
- De facto Audit Manager.
- The Enlarged Cotter Dam (ECD) Project
- The Murrumbidgee to Googong (M2G)
- The Googong Dam Spillway (GDS)
- The Murrumbidgee to Cotter (M2C)
- Quality Consultant for Quality Management System development. This involved close liaison with most functional manager, including, Systems Support, Safety, Environmental, Risk, Procurement, Commercial, Land Acquisition and Projects.
- Building Licensed holder for the BWA Programme of Works. Transitioning from H.O. QA to onsite project QA for M2G, I was onsite daily at M2C liaising with engineers, subcontractors and the Independent Inspector to resolve legislative noncompliance issues which required resolution;
- Records Manager for BWA's `cloud computer system' to ensure the effective capture, retention, access and timely hand over of contractually deliverable hard and soft records to the Owner. For this, I wrote the Records Management Plan and Disaster (Data) Recovery Plan and audited and trained staff in records management procedures; and.
- Management Systems Auditor and de facto Audit Manager to drive compliance and continual improvement, specifically, Quality, Management, ICT and Records Systems. QA System Coaching.
- Other Responsibilities: * Acting Risk Manager * De facto Building Approvals Manager. ;
- Volunteer Performance Trainer and Motivational Speaker
- HAZID, HAZOP, Risk Assessment Studies (including chlorine use) Safety Case Development.
- Also I presented a regular psychological performance coaching workshops at the programme office.
(John Holland, Abigroup, GHD & ACTEW Corp.) QMS development, implementation, training and audit.More
- Management Systems consultant liaison developing plans for ISO 9001 and 4801 Certification.
- Writing Safety Plan and SWMS for excavation and construction a below ground parking and all belowground building services on a Leighton Contractor Project. N.B. Until 75% complete D-Group managed the project. Including: HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, Process Safety, Air Pollution, ...
- Contract Review, rights and obligation interpretation, and risk assessment.
- Land acquisition, development, planning, commercial and economic studies.
- Regulatory compliance and licence application and management.
- Diesel fuel economic analysis and solution development to save 42 cents per litre, including, sustainability planning and related mechanical engineering and procurement.
- Development of QMS Sytems and Plans, including:
- Quality, Design, Safety, Environmental, Construction, Marine Works, Dreedging, Risk Mgmt.,
- I wrote solo the Records Management and Disaster (Data Recover) Management Plan.
- Construction, Marine Works and Project Management ;
- Communication, Security, Disaster Recovery and Dredging and Reclaimation Works Plans. About 60 major plans in total.
Port Botany Expansion a $1 bn, 63 hectare container port expansion.More
- The relocation of 300 critical market trading severs from two old IDCs to two new IDCs for Deutsche Bank, Sydney;
- Contract review and tender submissions for the company with contractual and delivery risk identification, analysis, assessment and mangement; and
- ICT System Security Audit to Defence's ASCI-33 Information Security Manual (ISM) Standard.
- The review documents and reclassification of assets to a revised classification standard.
- Writing a successful Investment Business Case (IBC or TOC or Total Outturn Cost) with Risk Management Plan to obtain funding approval for a $29 m. hardening and refurbishment of the Australian Embassy, Kuala Lumpur, including, the sites options investigation and selection. The IBC was reviewed by Finance and approved by Cabinet;
- Site and premised acquisition and commercial space leasing options in Tehran and Tel Aviv identifying issues and risks identification and assessment pivotal to strategy and decision; and
- Similarly, influencing investment strategy in an unstable South East Asian country with civil unrest. In this case negotiations were government to government. Specified and managed investigation of a potentially contaminated site.
overseas infrastructure, embassies and residencesMore
- To attend an RPDE briefing and develop a business solution, which I conceived, named R-e-Minder (Real-time Electronic Minder) a communications technology system with: biological ID verification, health condition monitoring, GPS location, radio frequency lock keys, mobile voice and video communications for Defence personnel security, tracking and minding. This involved innovative conversion of inherent risks to strategic and tactical advantage.
Special Project Manager and Business Solutions Developer for RSM Systems, RPDE, Defence.More
- Reviewed ICT Investment Business Cases for Australian Commonwealth Government agencies with projects ranging from $25 m to probably $6 bn for Defence, Customs and ASIC. This included: analysis, assessment, questions and recommendations of activities concerning Government and agency business needs, policies, strategies, procedures, legacy, immerging technology options, ramifications, expandability, interoperability, reliability, logic, risks, change, schedules, budget, economics, procurement and resourcing; and
- Researched, developed and wrote an ICT Performance Indicator Resource Guide and KPI Library for Commonwealth Government agencies to raise: the quality of investment decisions; planning; management; success; service; benefits realisation; value; interoperability and governance, etc. The Guide was approved by CIOC and e-published in June 2006 at http://www.finance.gov.au/sites/default/files/AGIMO_PerfIndicatorReport_v1_2.pdf
Australian Govt. Information Mgmt. Office (AGIMO) Dept. of Finance and Administration.More
- Conduct a Management Performance Review and Report to Management. Primary concern was verification of the delivery of contractual obligation to the head contractor with an assessment of contractual risks arising from the head contractor's practices.
Management Consultant in relations to Defence's National Call Centre for 65,000 telephone users.More
- Interpreting contract obligations, risks and compliance; ensuring changes; statements of work and supplementary agreements are favourable, compliant and agreed; ensuring service obligations are clearly identified and delivered; assessing commercial options and decision ramifications; risks, nurturing and improving client relationship and trust.
- Facilitated the sale of 2000 ICT assets; problem solving; contentious issues resolution; negotiating MS-OS licenses levels; protecting intellectual property and staff privacy; maintaining contractual documents and regular reports; smoothing changes; forewarning and assessing risks: identifying opportunities for benefit. The value of the contract was $19 m p.a., $127 m in total.
- Savings Achieved: saved $800,000 on asset sales, $95,000 on MS OS licenses, and an estimated $5m. p.a. on COLA labour rates increases Australia wide.
Contracts and Negotiations Manager for a $127 m Contract with Dept. of Finance and Admin.More
- To conduct a biennial or triennial National Human and Financial Resources Review of Seaports, which resulted in an increase of 8-11% p.a. on operational cost analysis and recovery for passenger clearance QRA and SIL; saving of 11% p.a. on an industry forced introduction of co-regulated vessel inspection. (Percentage relates to total expenditure and income).
- Observing quarantine inspections for various large commercial vessels and passenger clearance.
- Conduct a Risk Management Review of Import Clearance, Cargo Management with QRA, Consequence and Likelihood Probabilistic Risk Analysis HAZID, HAZOP. This concerned methodologies, process, capabilities, accountabilities and practices for long chain event national biosecurity risks relating to import cargo, plant and container inspection and quarantine.
- Review proposed Co-regulation and Co-inspection Changes to Import Clearance.
- Volunteer Psychological Performance Workshop Presenter / Coach, and colleague counsellor.
- Client liaison, business needs extraction, analysis and definition for ad-hoc inquiries involving: Teradata Mining and Testing and results presentation for complex inquiries to the Ad-hoc Requests Team, Knowledge & Enabling Team, National Support Office, Centrelink.
- To plan, manage, lead and conduct ISO 9001 Certification Audits involving the audit, analysis, assessment, reporting and contribution to business process improvement.
- SAI Clients Managed in this Role include: 165 clients, including: KPMG, Auspace (Matra-Marconi) Joint House Dept., Connell Wagner, Raytheon Systems, Qantas, Maunsell, Bassett Consulting, NYD, Rocla, CSR, ARC, Haskins Contractors, Project Co-ordination, Lintek, Kalamazoo, CSU, ...
- Developed specialist post-graduate credentials in Human Motivational and Performance Enablement Psychology, Change Management and Transition to Organisational Performance Cultures.
- Client Manager, Enterprise Development Programme, AusIndustry, Canberra.
- Lecturer in the following subjects at Australian universities and CAEs, and UK polytechnics:
- Project Management, Heavy Plant Management and Economics, Construction Management, Technology at Post-graduate Diploma level;
- Architectural Design Technology, Environmental Sciences, Building Services;
- Quantity Surveying, Cost Control, Estimating;
Education and Qualifications
Educated in the UK and Australia with post-graduate qualifications in Management, Economics, Engineering, Commerce & Law and Performance Psychology. Currently a * Chartered professional Engineer. Previously a * Chartered Builder * Chartered Member of AHRI. * Industrial Engineer * Incorporated SurveyorMore
|2004||Commeerce & Law||Belford||No|
|2000||Certified Senior Auditor||Graduate Certificate||Quality Society of Australasia||No|
|1992||Chartered Professional Engineer||Master's Degree||Engineers Australia (Institution of Engineers, Australia.||No|
|1981||Energy Supervision (Management) Oil, gas and Coal||Graduate Diploma||Porstmouth Polytechnic now University||No|
|1977||MSc Construction Management and Economics||Master's Degree||Aston University, Birmingham||No|
Achievements and Awards
ACADEMIC: I studied at 10 institutions, including, Aston, Portsmouth, Manchester, Curtin & Cambridge, MANAGERIAL: I implemented DEET’s SPAM (Space Planning & Mgmt.) at UWA. I save IBM $5m. p.a. I saved IBM $895k on a project. LEADERSHIP & NEGOTIATION: Successfully negotiated the relocation of a School at UWA. FINANCIAL ACHIEVEMENTS: I saved Seaports, AQIS 22% of its annually. TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENTS: I conceived R-e-Minder for RPDE, Defence,