RARE OPPORTUNITY - Environmentalist with 20+ years experience in mining and oil & gas available for FIFO role
- Management of the construction operations throughout Australia, technical leadership, QA/QC, HSE
- Engineer design, procurement, construction and management of a Vacuum Enhanced Recovery system.
I currently fulfil a dual role within Golder. In my technical capacity I am a Principal Contaminant Hydrogeologist and Remedial Engineer. In my managerial capacity I am responsible for the management of our national "boutique" construction business which comprise 65 staff in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Cairns.More
- To WA
- Technical leadership, remedial design, QA/QC, risk modelling
- Remediation of property impacted by hydrocarbon releases from an adjacent oil pipeline for residential development.
- Management of two HSE service provision businesses. One in the UK and one in France.
- Tripling the business size in 5 years. Management of HSE program for an international aviation company.
- Leadership of a Geotechnical team located in numerous offices across the UK.
- Dispute resolution and contract negotiations.
- Leadership of a geo-environmental team and remediation of former gas manufacturing facilities.
- Remediation of gas holder site in Reading.
Remediation of DNAPL (TCE) using quantitative risk assessment combined with monitored natural attenuation.More
- Site characterisation, remedial design review and regulatory negotiations.
- Design and installation of an interceptor trench to protect a sensitive down gradient wetland receptor.
- Emigrate to UK
- Personal reasons
- Site assessments, conceptual model development, numerical fate and transport modelling.
- Prediction of post closure groundwater recovery in a deep gold mine using numerical flow modelling.
- Site assessment, groundwater sampling programes, conceptual model development, remediation design.
- Engineering design, procurement, construction and management of South Africa's first high vacuum recovery system.
Engineering design, procurement and construction of South Africa's first high vacuum recovery and system.More
- Development of potable groundwater resources throughout Southern Africa.
- Sitting, using ground geophysics, drilling and aquifer testing of several hundred abstraction wells.
Supervision of the installation of several hundred groundwater abstraction wells ranging in depth from 60 mbgl to 400 mbgl using up to rotary percussion, ODEX and mud rotary drilling techniques in remote rural Africa.More
- Mapping of the Namakwa Metamorphic Belt in Southern Africa.
- Preparation of 1:25 000 scale geology maps.
Education and Qualifications
|1989||Hons B.Sc. Geology||Honours Degree||University of Stellenbosch||Yes|
|1987||B.Sc. Geology and Geochemistry||Bachelor Degree||University of Stellenbosch||Yes|
|-||White card (QLD, TAS & WA)||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||RIIVEH201B Operating Light Vehicle||No|
Achievements and Awards
Design & construct of two water management ponds for the CSG industry . Construction of heavy vehicle haul road in the Pilbara. EPC of a vacuum enhanced recovery system. Development and management of a HSE system for a £1.5 billion multinational corporation. Construction of WA's first sequenced PRB system. Construction of sheet pile hydrocarbon containment system, Drilling of several hundred abstraction wells throughout Southern Africa.
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Access (Intermediate)
- Creative Suite (Intermediate)
- Acrobat Pro (Intermediate)
- Photoshop Pro (Basic)
- Mac-Pages (Advanced)
- Mac-Numbers (Advanced)
- Mac-Keynote (Advanced)
- Modflow (Advanced)
- MT3D (Advanced)
- Surfer (Advanced)
- Grapher (Advanced)
- SURPAC 2000 (Basic)
- ConSim (Advanced)
- CLEA (Advanced)
- BP Risk (Advanced)
- RBCA Tool Kit (Advanced)
- BioScreen (Advanced)
- BioChlor (Advanced)
- MS Projects (Advanced)
- LandSim (Advanced)
- Sharepoint (Intermediate)