25 year Engineering & Manufacturing professional looking for a new challenge
- Providing manufacturing management, consulting ,training & organisational development services.
- Prototype, redesign to volume production of a medical electronic device. Safety, production & process improvements
After extensive experience in local and overseas Manufacturing Management positions, I am now self employed offer Manufacturing Improvement Services to industry, including; Continuous Improvement & LEAN principles training & implementation. Employee & Organisational Development. Product & Process Development.More
- P&L responsibility for A$25.5M, 108 employee spring, garnett & timber plants.
- Increased profit $1M (28%) in one year by introduction of a results focused employee development program.
- Development of 7 factories, 550 employees, product & process development, R&D, procurement & training.
- Quality & profitability improvement through Metrics implementation. Largest ever product redesign & upgrade.
- Technical Department and restructuring of existing production to modern standards.
- EPCM for companies first fully Chinese sourced production line.
- A$104M production delivery plant. 51 direct employees on 3 shift operation. A$6.3M operating budget.
- Increased output US$3.6M (12%) in one year without investment.
- Installation & commissioning of 6 bearing manufacturing lines. Provide engineering and maintenance support.
- Production start. Established Eng., Mech. & Elec. Maint, Presetting, stores & tool room. Established CI routines.
- Specification & purchasing of tooling for machines. Machine maintenance requirements & training of technicians.
- Trained 10 Malaysian technicians in installation, operation & maintenance of all production equipment.
- Technical sales, application engineering support & training to industry. Predominantly mining.
- Promoted Melbourne to Brisbane.Selected for companies biggest ever greenfield expansion project.
Education and Qualifications
Operations Management, APESMA Management Education, 2002. Financial Management, APESMA Management Education, 2002. PROEDGE, Queensland Manufacturing Institute, 2004. LEAN 4x4, Queensland Manufacturing Institute, 2006.More
|1986||Mechanical Engineer||Bachelor Degree||Monash University||No|
Achievements and Awards
Established Engineering Department to support A$200M greenfield manufacturing plant in Malaysia. Increased production US$3.6M (12%) in one year as Production Manager in USA. Complete EPCM for new automated bearing production line in China. Initialted companywide LEAN CI program as National Manufacturing Manager. Added $1M (28%)profit to bottom line with results focused employee development plan. Manufacturing Consultant 4 years.
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Access (Basic)
- AutoCAD (Basic)
- Solid EDGE (Basic)