I have been in the transport industry in one form or another for over forty years.
- Pick Up and Delivery of shipping containers from wharf to customer or depot.
- Keep head above water and manage to pay all the bills.
Company went broke robbed all its workers, & shut down with all our entitlements.More
- Main responsibility was to pick up containers from the wharf and take them back to the depot, or customer direct.
- I achieved nothing in this job and considered it a waste of 2 years of my life, no matte what I did it wasnt enough
- Heavy fork operation and MC driver
- my responsibility was to deliver/pickup the mail, also intrastate transport across NSW to various mail centres
- Also used my skills as a stand up poet and writer to assist in English classes.
- Manage all aspects of the day to day running of a second hand car sales yard both buying and selling
- Made a lot of money.Then my boss died. Such is life.
Learn't how to connect with people in a sales capacity, and as such was quite successful.More
- To do what i was told, drive trucks and everything associated with transportation, mobile plant etc.
- I managed to visit strange lands and some equally strange people and learn't never to volunteer for anything.
Achieved NCO status.More
- Tie steel on construction sites
- More money than what an apprentership paid.
- To learn the commercial building trade but did not like working in concrete it was bad on the skin.
- Not very much, i realised about 6 months into my trade i wanted to build dwellings, not factories
Education and Qualifications
Educated to grade 9 uncompleted carpentry apprentership but am competent.More
|2007||Transport & Distribution||Certificate III||NSW Dept' of Education & Training||Yes|
|-||White card NSW||No|
|-||Blue Card Cert' 3 Transport & Logistics||No|
|-||Dangerous Goods Security Card (DGSC)||No|
|-||Breathing Apparatus Training||No|
|-||Workplace Health and Safety Representatives||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
- Word (Basic)
- Photoshop Pro (Basic)