Through the use of my excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and management skills together with my extensive experience in Marine Operations and Maritime Logistics industry I will become an integral part of your Health Safety Environment team. I will provide exemplary standards & knowledge of the OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14004 to your organisation. I will promote a robust safety culture to ensure a incident and injury free culture is achieved and maintained.More
- In my present role, I am responsible for developing and implementing OH&S and risk management initiatives.
- More job details available
- Coordinated the development and implementation of Jan De Nul Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies, procedures and plans for the project.
- Conducted HSE audits and inspections on project vessels, reclamation and civil works sites.
- Coordinated and encouraged participation in the project Behavior Based Safety program.
- Prepared and conducted HSE meetings, pre start meetings, toolbox talks and safety information sessions for all employees and contractors.
- Developed and communicated project Safety Bulletins, delivered HSE site inductions and training.
- Conducted incident reporting and investigations and ensured corrective actions were communicated, implemented and maintained.
- Provided specialist HSE advice to Vessel Superintendents and Masters. ;
- Liaised with client representatives, contractors and sub contractors on all HSE matters. ;
- Maintained HSE statistics and records. ;
- Participated in, and represented JDN HSE department in meetings and workshops with project stakeholders.
- Facilitated the Safety Committee and mentored the involvement of the Health and Safety Representatives. ;
JAN DE NUL NEW PARALLEL RUNWAY Project Brisbane Airport HSE Advisor (Reclamation, Civil, Marine)More
- Attend Pre Starts and Safety Awareness meetings, prepared and presented toolbox talks to communicate HSE information and lessons learned from accident investigations.
- Conducted drug and alcohol testing for the fitness for work program in accordance with Van Oord project polices and procedures.
- Conducted Site and Vessel HSE audits and inspections. ;
- Conducted follow up actions to close out HSE KPI actions to ensure compliance with company HSE Management system and project KPI's.
- Conducted investigations using ICAM methodology to determine root cause and recommend corrective actions.
- Conducted site safety and environment inductions for all personnel proceeding on site.
- Mentored all levels of project staff on current safety legislation, codes of practice and environmental requirements.
- Conducted safety training for all vessels on the project for spill response, emergency response, man overboard recovery, including various safety, life saving, fire fighting equipment.
- Reviewed Permits to Work and all relevant documentation for high-risk activities. Encouraged best practice workplace health and safety practices amongst management, line supervisors and contracting personnel.
- Established & cultivated a positive relationship based on trust and transparency with the project client representatives. ;
INPEX ICHTHYS LNG Project Darwin Harbor HSS Advisor (Marine)More
- Conducted Defence Maritime operations support, staff management, WHS compliance, and Accident Investigations.
- Reviewed WHS policy documentation, advised management on workplace safety legislation, safety awareness and education, risk assessment, internal auditing, compliance, management reporting, HSE resource supervision and stakeholder liaison.
- Monitored Defence Contractors and conducted gap analysis of contractor safety management plans to verify compliance with Defence health and safety standards.
- Managed the compliance of food safety, health and hygiene protocols (HACCP) on Defence Maritime vessels IAW Australian Food Standards & Codes of practice.
- Managed ship logistics department to ensure vessel maintained highest capability requirements prior to operational deployments for peacekeeping duties, natural disaster relief, Immigration and Customs patrols
- Indoctrinated a culture where people took responsibility for their own health and safety, achieving genuinely sustainable cultural change and winning the support of a reluctant middle management team.
- Accomplished various human resource functions, including training, coaching, mentoring, performance appraisal, counselling, personnel administration, promotion and posting recommendations, remuneration issues, staff satisfaction and employee relations.
- Developed a range of skills that are directly transferable to any employer, including strategic planning, operations management, risk management, personnel administration, teamwork, leadership development, problem solving, communication, conflict resolution, customer service and management reporting skills. ;
Completion of Contract / Primary Health Care ProviderMore
Education and Qualifications
|2012||Cert IV in Training and Assessment||Certificate IV||Defence Force||No|
|2012||Diploma of Resource Management||Diploma||Defence Force||No|
|2012||Diploma of Public Safety (Policing)||Diploma||Royal Ausrtalian Navy||No|
|2012||Diploma of Government (Policing)||Diploma||Royal Australian Navy||No|
|2012||Advance Diploma OH&S.||Advanced Diploma||Churchhills Education||No|
|-||Safety & Risk management||No|
|-||Certificate IV in Occupational Health & Safety||No|
|-||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment||No|
|-||Workplace Health and Safety Representatives||No|
Achievements and Awards
list all your achievements here
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- Access (Intermediate)